Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Ortho Imagery

highwaykiller
Is there a way to import ortho imagery? I can do it quite simple with micro station but with LibreCAD I'm having a tough time. Does anyone have experience with this? I would like to use libre cad for some city planning stuff.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Ortho Imagery

dellus
What do you mean with ortho imagery? Does this involve a special file format or is it just about distortion corrected images in an usual file format? LibreCAD can import most commonly used image formats.
What are the problems you encounter? Which LibreCAD version? What units? What file size and format? By default it imports with one unit per pixel.
You have to explain more. You also may provide a sample image and drawing file.
Reply | Threaded
|

flywire
In reply to this post by highwaykiller
Reply | Threaded
|

highwaykiller
In reply to this post by dellus
https://orthos.dhses.ny.gov/ Orthoimagery are satellite images. This link is where I've found them. These are the file formats.

Version: 2.2.0
Compiler: GNU GCC 12.2.0
Compiled on: Dec 17 2022
Qt Version: 5.12.11
Boost Version: 1.75.0
System: Windows 10 (10.0)
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
The jp2 file is the image file. I don't know what the other auxiliary files are good for. LibreCAD should be able to import jp2 images, but when I tried with one from your source, LibreCAD crashed.
I opened the jp2 in an image viewer (I use Irfanview) and resaved it as jpg. This was imported by LibreCAD without problems.
Reply | Threaded
|

highwaykiller
JPG worked like a charm! Thank you so much for the help!