Version: 2.1.3
Compiler: GNU GCC 7.1.1
Compiled on: Jun 26 2017
Qt Version: 5.9.3
Boost Version: 1.64.0
System: Arch Linux

I have the exact same issue as in
this thread:
When I press the middle mouse button to pan the screen, panning does work, but at the same time it zooms in until I release the button.
This makes panning with the middle mouse button unusable.

The reason for this behaviour is that my mouse (Logitech M-U007) has a "two stage" middle button: if I press it only slightly, it generates Button-6 events, ("left scroll"); if pressed all the way it generates Button-2 events (the regular middle button).

I tried working around the problem by disabling mouse buttons 6 and 7 with xinput. While it does disable the left/right scroll in all applications, libreCAD seems not to care - middle button presses still zoom in!

Is there a way to customize mouse button bindings in libreCAD?

Any other ideas, apart from getting a new mouse?

Thanks!

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Panning with middle mouse button

Saskferco
Hi
I have an HP wireless mouse. The center wheel on mine does the same thing. What I have found is that my wheel will zoom in and out if I push the wheel left or right sooo I have to be careful that I do not put left or right pressure on the wheel when pushing down and tiring to pan.

Hope this helps
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Panning with middle mouse button

lupylucke
My mouse has the left/right scroll with the wheel feature as well.
Only, I can be as careful as I want when I press the middle button, it always zooms in :-(

Now that I think of it, it might actually be a defect of my mouse, rather than a feature.