classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Precision format inaccurate

sunggus
Hi All,

Kindly help. I have this problem with my LC 2.0 RC1. As you may see in the picture below, the precision format is set to be 2 digits for angle and 4 digits for length. The setting is the default that I never changed. But as you see in the arch angle, no precision is shown, which the actual value is 186.35 degree. But it only shows the integer value rather than decimal. With length measurement is sometimes also only shown few digits precision rather than complete 4 digits. As shown in the picture, the measurement only shown 20.28 rather than 20.2800.
Inaccurate precision format

Best regard,
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Precision format inaccurate

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Your screenshot shows the Units tab, which is responsible for the units in the status bar or command history.
For dimension adjustment use the Dimensions tab, the 4th tab in Drawing Preferences.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

sunggus
Hi Armin, thank you for your comment.

After I checked, the setting also same, 4 digits liner precision and 2 digits for the angular precision.

Actually I never changed that parts. That's why I am quite confused. When I used LC 2.1.3, the measurement are correct, 4 digits and 2 digits.

Drawing Preference

Best regard,
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
That's strange, for me it works in V2.2.0-rc1-39.
Changes in Current Drawing Preferences are applied correct and immediately.

Also the Decimal separator setting does not match. In the Dimensions tab it is set to '.' (Period), but in the drawing screen shot I see a ',' (Comma).

I checked the Linear/Angular zeros too, this is to cut leading or trailing zeros, this work also as expected.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

sunggus
Yes, very strange. The measurement is 20,28 rather than 20.28, which it should be.

I have check in my Windows setting, still like before using US setting. That setting also never changed since years ago.

Best regard,
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Can you share this file? Or create a test file?
See More menu in Message editor, there you can 'Upload a file' with your reply.

Armin
Reply | Threaded
|

sunggus
Hi Armin,

Here are two files. The "Original File.dxf" is the file I working with (but I saved as due to it original name was "06. Thresher drum.dxf". The "." in that file name made the LC detected it as "06.dxf" rather than "06. Thresher drum.dxf" when I uploaded, which is wrong. From that original file, I selected the part we are talking about to another test file. As we can see, there are different with the precision format. Here, the precision and the separator is correct for length measurement. But still wrong with the angle measurement. While in the "Original File.dxf" the decimal separator is correct but the precision of the length and the angle both are wrong.

Another info. This morning I closed my LC and all the applications and I restarted my Windows (vista) to have a "fresh air". Before, I normally just hibernate my windows every day, sometimes for weeks. Beside I restarted my windows, I also did cleaning by executing CCleaner Professional v5.08.5308 (unregistered). That probably also affecting.

Original_Files.dxf
Test_File_Precision_Format.dxf

Best regard,
Reply | Threaded
|

tuxcnc
In reply to this post by sunggus
Hi.
I have the same or similar problem.
The system is Linux, Ubuntu 18.04, version of LibreCAD 2.1.2 (from Bionic repository), but compiled myself  2.2.0-rc1-254-g9f2c32dd too.
The problem is default to new file. New opened automatically when I launch LibreCAD and new from from <File> menu or click on icon.
There are NO decimal digits in angular dimensions. There is 0.00 in <Drawing preferences>, but not works and I get eg. 33  not 32.93. When I open <Drawing preferences> and click <OK>  (no changed anything) all begin works properly, but only for this one drawing.
In my opinion this is not acceptable.