classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Print preview only shows 1 line

bubish
Hi!  First off, I'm new to CAD, so bear with me  
I have a nice drawing I made up for a part that I want to print as a cutting template.  However, when I hit print preview, only one curved line of my drawing, and corresponding center point, show up! At one point, I had a few things selected, and accidentally clicked on one of the tools under modify before hitting print preview, and the selected lines showed up, but I don't know what I clicked and have been unable to replicate it.
I downloaded the printing test file from http://create-and-make.com/post-53d-blocks-borders-and-more-printing-in-librecad/ and it looks fine in print preview, so I don't think my install is botched or anything.
Just for fun, I tried importing my drawing in FreeCAD, and again, just the one curved line shows up!
I feel like there is something simple I am doing wrong, like some obscure property of lines that I only have set right for the one line somehow, but I have really no idea.  Please help!  I have loved working in LibreCAD up to this point!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Print preview only shows 1 line

sp1der
Hi, I'm slightly confused - you say you are new to CAD, but just for fun you use freecad, which is a solid modelling program!

Are you able to attach your file or a sample so we can test it here on the forum?
Reply | Threaded
|

bubish
I'm new to FreeCAD, too!   By "just for fun" I more meant that I had no real expectation of getting anything out of it.

Anyway, I uploaded the file.  Any help you can offer is VERY much appreciated!

T_20_Pickup_Ring.dxf
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
again, looks like corrupted dxf file, with entities of huge dimension. I have deleted a huge entity.

Untitled.dxf
Reply | Threaded
|

bubish
That worked  Thanks so much!
Any idea how it got that way so I can avoid doing it again?