classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Printing drawings to a specific scale

jontyrp
Hi,
I'm trying to produce plans for a house, for applying for planning permission to build an extension. I have accurate measurements of the house in question and have managed to create a drawing of the house. What I don't understand, and haven't been able to find any explanation of, in the online Wiki and User Guide, is how to specify a specific scale for printing. The drawings need to be printed on A4 paper with an exact scale of 1:100. I also need to print a scale line and a compass rose denoting North on the image.

Any help, advice and suggestions as to how to do this would be most welcome!

Thanks,

Jonathan.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Printing drawings to a specific scale

sp1der
Hi Jonathan

Always draw in 'real life' scale i.e. 1:1 in model space and then when you come to print select the scale you need:

In print preview, you can see here that when unchecking the tick box releases other scale options to use.

Good luck.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Printing drawings to a specific scale

Mike Hayes
Jonathan

Spider has answered the main part of your question but in answer to the rest of it, you will find a variety of different North Arrows and Compass Roses at http://cadblocksforfree.com under the category Drawing Elements.

You should draw the scale bar at full size as part of the house plan. It will then always be in correct proportion to the house whatever size you print the drawing at. For example, draw a horizontal line 10 metres long with 100 millimetre high vertical lines at 1 metre intervals along it's length and add text 0m, 1m, 2m, 3m, etc.

Mike