Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Printing - my last problem with first draw

Piotr
In Drawing Preferences I have: A4 (297x210), Landscape, and units Millimeter.
At draw I have:
- squere -50,-50 .... 50,50
- rectangle -100,-100 .... 184,98
My first try was the end values 187,100 (5mm margin at each edge) but as I noticed the problem I reduced to size I'm sure the printer can print.
When I switch on Print Preview LibreCAD suggests scale 1:1.07027. I change it to 1:1, mark as fixed and click "Center to page". At screen everything looks correct.
But when I print it I have top margin about 12mm, left about 13mm and right and bottom lines of frame not printed. Scala is 1:1 (100x100 squere is to check it).
I have two printer drivers (HP Univerasl Printing PCL 5, and HP Universal Printing PCL 6) and with both is the same. When I print to PDF Creator I have there everything (but not landscape). When from Adobe Reader I try printing with "Original size" selected (not sure if I translated exactly) I see on preview that this two lines are out of paper, and they are not printed.
When from LibreCAD I File|Export|Export as PDF and then using Adobe Reader print this pdf I can have it printed correctly when during printing I select "Original size". This is the only way I found till now to print it correctly. When I select "Reduce too big pages" I have it printed in reduced size. So I understand Adobe Reader understands the pdf exported from LibreCAD as hawing too big page.
It looks for me that there are some top and left margins added to print, but I didn't found in LibreCAD any Page setup where I can change margin settings.

Do you know what is the source of my problems?
From other programs (like OpenOffice Draw) I can print directly drawings with exactly that size at that printer.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Printing - my last problem with first draw

dellus
It's true that in the Windows version, if everything looks right in Print Preview, you get a print a bit offset from where it should be. Also if you use a virtual printer like PDF Creator. I correct that by moving the paper sheet a bit accordingly in Print Preview manually with the mouse. You can place a dot in the drawing at the upper right corner as a mark.
Or go via PDF Export, as you have found out yourself.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Printing - my last problem with first draw

Piotr
Thanks,

I didn't noticed that I can manually move paper in preview.
What draw I had to do I have done. The next step is to investigate what each Modify tool does, but it must wait till I'll have time :)