Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Printing pdf, blocks and layers.

joonasos
I'm doing some relative big drawings. I'm bit newbie, but I like this simple interface when I compare to AutoCAD or Draftsight. Here is some problems, I always print to pdf. I try to make myself clear but that's difficult

Version: master
SCM Revision: 2.0.0rc2
Compiler: GNU GCC 4.8.1
Qt Version: 4.8.4

And OS is ubuntu 13.10

When I'm printing preview, and there is many drawings, I try to move for example A4 to certain point, always when I zoom or do something, A4 drawing bounce back to point XY. This is very disturbing. May I define "center point" for frame? I'm not sure for my definitions.... This make accurate presentations really difficult. (Problem number one)

When I'm printing custom pdf, for example 297X810 that do not work at all. My viewer is atril but I don't believe that is problem. Viewer show nothing or just part, when Preview looks fine.

When drawing is coming big, scrolling came's very slow. It helps when I close most of the layers. Because that, I usually make many files, but time to time I want just copy part of the drawing. Only way I have found is export as block, fine, but I have some new blocks and some old ones, it renames all blocks with same name. (148X48 -> 148X48-0) So it doubles all blocks.  Why I just cant merge them or copy over window?

That leads to question, how to delete many blocks or layers? (command line: purge hidden layers?)

When opening my project with another program, AutoCAD or Draftsight, Hatch, text and drawing options don't work right. I'm not studied much, just noticed.

Thank you guys, I think this is great program.  LOL smileys...
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Printing pdf, blocks and layers.

dxli
many dxf compatibility issues were fixed after 2.0.0rc2. Please try 2.0.4 or daily build for ubuntu librecad.org/cms/home/installation/linux.html

when you print to pdf, make sure you choose the same 297x810 paper in printer dialog.

copy&paste across windows is missing. Need to implement that.

joonasos wrote
I'm doing some relative big drawings. I'm bit newbie, but I like this simple interface when I compare to AutoCAD or Draftsight. Here is some problems, I always print to pdf. I try to make myself clear but that's difficult

Version: master
SCM Revision: 2.0.0rc2
Compiler: GNU GCC 4.8.1
Qt Version: 4.8.4

And OS is ubuntu 13.10

When I'm printing preview, and there is many drawings, I try to move for example A4 to certain point, always when I zoom or do something, A4 drawing bounce back to point XY. This is very disturbing. May I define "center point" for frame? I'm not sure for my definitions.... This make accurate presentations really difficult. (Problem number one)

When I'm printing custom pdf, for example 297X810 that do not work at all. My viewer is atril but I don't believe that is problem. Viewer show nothing or just part, when Preview looks fine.

When drawing is coming big, scrolling came's very slow. It helps when I close most of the layers. Because that, I usually make many files, but time to time I want just copy part of the drawing. Only way I have found is export as block, fine, but I have some new blocks and some old ones, it renames all blocks with same name. (148X48 -> 148X48-0) So it doubles all blocks.  Why I just cant merge them or copy over window?

That leads to question, how to delete many blocks or layers? (command line: purge hidden layers?)

When opening my project with another program, AutoCAD or Draftsight, Hatch, text and drawing options don't work right. I'm not studied much, just noticed.

Thank you guys, I think this is great program.  LOL smileys...
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Printing pdf, blocks and layers.

joonasos
That "bouncing frame" issue  no longer appeared in SCM Revision: 2.0.4 and custom page was because printing options. Now I maybe can produce drawing that can be measured