Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Printing with 2-1-3

jacknee
I recently installed 2-1-3 on my Mac [High Sierra] computer.  I also have 2-0-10 installed on the same computer. My printer is a Brother HL-3170CDW.  Although I can save my drawings to a PDF file and then print them, I cannot print them directly from the LibreCad 2-1-3 program. I never had this problem with 2-0-10. In all my settings I have selected Inches and US Letter [8.5x11] paper. For testing purposes, I created a simple drawing which measures 10"x10". In Print Preview I've done the following:
Just click the Print Icon [Nothing happens]  
Click Center to page [Nothing happens]  
Click Fit to page [The following message appears in my command box
Warning: Page size is less than 10mm. Paper is too small to print page. Please set paper size in Edit > Current Drawing Preference ]  This last part of the message is referring to the location of the Current Drawing Preferences in 2-0-10, and not 2-1-3]  Is it possible that the two versions cannot be run on the same computer.
I've also tried printing without going through Print Preview and nothing happens.
Hope someone out there can help me with this problem.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Printing with 2-1-3

dellus
Is it possible the problem results from having two versions of LC installed in parallel on the computer? Just a thought, I have no knowledge about Mac.
Nothing happens: in Windows I have often experienced that in the OS's own printing dialog "print to file" is ticked, somehow, without me having done it, when trying to print from LC. Then no printout and you are puzzled. Maybe something similar on the Mac?
When you export to PDF, are the settings from Print Preview taken over properly? Or can't you set them at all?
I would uninstall both versions and then reinstall 2.1.3 only. If on Mac there is something equivalent to the Windows registry that might have to be cleaned up also, as this is not deleted during uninstall.

Reply | Threaded
|

jacknee
In reply to this post by jacknee
As a follow up to my initial question, I downloaded 2-1-3 for Windows and installed it on my Dell computer.
I set the program up in the exact manner that my Mac is set up. No printing problems at all although I still get the Warning message that I mentioned in my original submission. But when I click the print icon the print is made. On the Dell I print to an old HP940c printer which is wire connected to the Dell.  On the Mac the Brother printer is a wireless connection.  Also of note is that the Mac installed program will sometimes on its own wildly pan and zoom.  This doesn't seem to happen with the Windows version on the Dell.
I hesitate to remove the 2-0-10 version until I'm sure that the 2-1-3 version is working properly.
It could be that there are some bugs in the Mac version program that are not in the Windows version.
Reply | Threaded
|

jacknee
Now when I try to print, a pdf file immediately appears on my desktop. This wasn't occurring before.
I moved LibreCad 2-0-10 to the trash but I still cannot print with 2-1-3.  I tried printing to a different wireless printer and that does not work either. Put 2-0-10 back and it prints fine.