Problem of snapping to last relative point rather than desired objects.

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
AHG
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Problem of snapping to last relative point rather than desired objects.

AHG
I recently downloaded LibreCAD 2.2.0.2, Compiled: Jul 29, 2023, Qt Version: 5.12.11, Boost Version: 1.75.0.  Recently, I have been having trouble snapping to the desired point.  It seems to be setting the first point to the last Relative point rather than to my desired point.  For example, I tried setting the intersection snap and the horizontal constraint.  Then when I tried to pick the first point of a line at an intersection point of two lines, it does not snap to it but uses the last Relative point (the little red circle) as the starting point of the line.  Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thank you,
AHG
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Problem of snapping to last relative point rather than desired objects.

dxli
We reworked snapping framework slightly after 2.2.0.2

Could download the latest and test?

AHG wrote
I recently downloaded LibreCAD 2.2.0.2, Compiled: Jul 29, 2023, Qt Version: 5.12.11, Boost Version: 1.75.0.  Recently, I have been having trouble snapping to the desired point.  It seems to be setting the first point to the last Relative point rather than to my desired point.  For example, I tried setting the intersection snap and the horizontal constraint.  Then when I tried to pick the first point of a line at an intersection point of two lines, it does not snap to it but uses the last Relative point (the little red circle) as the starting point of the line.  Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thank you,
AHG
AHG
Reply | Threaded
|

AHG
Thank you for your response.

I looked for a later copy of LibreCAD after 2.2.0.2 but could not find anything.  If there is a more recent version, could you please tell me how to access it?

Regards,
AHG
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
2.2.0.2 is the latest release.

What @dxli mentioned is the continuous build, bleeding edge development version, which might have some other issues.
But if you want to give it a try, find it here:
https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/releases/tag/latest

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution