classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Probleme with different type of line in zoom or print

Shinoace
Hello
I used Librecad 1.0.4 for longtime but when i switch to librecad 2 ther is somthing odd
when i useb for exemple an axe line when i zoom in r out the ligne change ( the dash become bigger or thinne longer or shorter with zoom not a constant type).
in drawing is not a big probleme but when printing it's a big probleme the result may be not like it should be.

i don't know if u have understande me my english is bad
all i want that the different type of line be constante even if i zoom in or out or change quality of export to png or printing scale
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Probleme with different type of line in zoom or print

dellus
I have to admit I haven't noticed this before, as I don't really make drawings with LibreCAD, but it seems there is indeed something weird going on. I will examine this.  
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
In reply to this post by Shinoace
Now I have examined this a bit and I have found out:
Line types are always printed out the same on paper (or to pdf), regardless of scale and units, just as is the case with line widths.
But the rendering on the screen is wrong, unreliable. I don't know if this can be fixed, I'm not a developer. Nor do I know if this worked right in an earlier version.
As a workaround I have made an A4 sheet with all the line types in 0.25 mm and 0.5 mm you may use as a reference.

linetypes_mm_1_1_a4.dxf
linetypes.pdf 

Maybe there are certain conditions in drawing mode or print preview where it looks approximately like when printed, I have not found out yet. Perhaps you will discover that.
Reply | Threaded
|

Shinoace
Yes i Confirm that when is print or in pdf it's right but when export to png or jpg that goes all wrong
Reply | Threaded
|

motoren_hans
Dear Libre-CAD friends,

is there any fix or workaround for this behavior until now? I recently updated to V2.1.3 and found the same issue.

Especially for smaller drawings I tend to have the issue, that dashed lines are always printed or exported in one preset scale. Ideally I would like to use the actual present zoom level at that very moment when you export or print the drawing, so that it is printed/exported as displayed

Unfortunately I could not find any solution for this until now. Does anybody have an idea or is there any update in sight to solve this?

Thank you very much.

BR
Matthias