classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Problems with blocks

Claude Azoulai
Hello everyone
Given the fact that I am a beginner, I have big problems with LibreCad.
My wish is:
Create blocks to save them in a library so you can use them on demand in drawings that I create later.
1- It was explained to me that I could record blocks in an external drawing, but in the state of my knowledge,
    I can only select one block at a time to record it.
    So I need an external file to record a single block.
    and even so, it is impossible for me to be able to recover this block in a new drawing by a copy / paste.
2- In the drawing where we created blocks, we can insert them only in the layer where it was designed and in        
    no other, which strongly limits the possibilities.

Can someone explain to me how to do
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Problems with blocks

Claude Azoulai
If I can open two drawings in the same assignment, maybe I could copy / paste
But when I open two drawings in the same assignment, I see only one drawing, and this is the last.
Is there a way to move from one drawing to another in this configuration?
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
If you enable tab mode view, you can easily switch between all opened drawings.

Reply | Threaded
|

Claude Azoulai
Thanks to you
I had spent a lot of time without finding.
If you could tell me how to copy drawing elements from one layer to another, it would help me a lot because I can not do it
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Claude Azoulai wrote
If you could tell me how to copy drawing elements from one layer to another, it would help me a lot because I can not do it
First, activate the new layer in "Layer List", then select entities to copy.
Now use Copy/Move tool. In the window appearing after placing the selected items, check "Keep Original" and "Use current layer".
Move/Copy options
The copied entities are placed on the new layer then.

When the entities are already copied, select them and use Modify->Attributes tool to change their layer.

Another option is in application preferences:
Application preferences
When this option is checked, select the copied entities and then activate their new layer in layer list.
All selected entities are moved to this layer then. But you have to be aware of this option, as changing layer by accident is very easy when its on.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

Claude Azoulai
thanks a lot for your help
Is it planned to be able to report this discution as resolved?
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Have you been able now to make your drawing with a collection of blocks, for use to copy and paste into other drawings, as you have imagined?
The interaction of blocks and layers is quite confusing, maybe even buggy. Other users also had problems with it, there were discussions about it, I can't find it anymore. LordofBikes is good at digging out old threads. I myself also don't understand it completely. What, for instance, if you have blocks within a block?
You will have to fight your way through that jungle. Reports are welcome.

dellus
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
In reply to this post by Claude Azoulai
You're welcome Claude.

I think, as thread opener, you should be able to change the title of this thread and append [solved] if you like. See the More menu on the right side of your first post.
But usually we don't care about that, so it's ok as it is.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution