Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Question on PPA use/content

haertig
First off, I just discovered LibreCAD and am quite pleased with it.  Good job!  Many thanks for an excellent program!

I am running this on LinuxMint 18 (uses Ubuntu repositories), which has version 2.0.9 in the repositories.  I want something from 2.1.0+ so that I have the ability to lower/raise entities in the drawing stack.  That's pretty much a "must have" for me.  This capability is there in the Windows version that I currently have installed, 2.1.2.  But I'm a Linux guy and hate using the Windows computer (it's the wife's, so I also have to fight for time on that computer).

I tried this PPA: ppa:librecad-dev/librecad-stable  But it had the same version as the main repositories, 2.0.9

So next I tried this PPA: ppa:librecad-dev/librecad-daily  It showed version 2.1.1 which sounded good.  But when I told my package manager to install that, it installed 2.2.0-alpha instead!  I don't want to go to an alpha release.  That's too bleeding edge for me.

Sooooo, my question is, is there a PPA that installs what it advertises, and has something from the 2.1.x series?  I could compile from source, but a good PPA would certainly be easier.

Thanks in advance for any replies!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Question on PPA use/content

ravas
It would be nice if the stable PPA was updated;
a maintainer might be lurking.
Otherwise, you can ask at https://launchpad.net/~librecad-dev

Note that 2.2.0 is more or less beta now,
which means it's feature complete,
and we need testers...
wink wink nudge nudge...

You can review the closed issues:
https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/milestones

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Question on PPA use/content

haertig
Thanks.  I will definitely try 2.2.0.  The reason I didn't want to go "alpha" quite yet is because I am in the middle of a hot tub, concrete, deck, electrical drawing project.  I have a lot of work invested in that, and I didn't want to risk any potential alpha release corruption.  After I'm done with this project, when I'm back in "play mode", I'll try 2.2.0.

Thanks again for a fantastic program.  It really is very very good!