classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re : Re: vertical lines

klaxon
Thank's for answer.
It's the first time I use this software.
I've red the manual, but ...
I can only draw circles and lines on the uniq horizontal line that red cross can't live.
Even rectangles are drawn as a single line over the horizontal reference line.
circles can only be drawn with the center on the horizontal reference line.
In other words, what's the command that should permit me to move the little red cross away from the horizontal reference line ?
I've not found.
----- Mail d'origine -----
De: dellus [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]>
À: klaxon <[hidden email]>
Envoyé: Mon, 07 May 2018 12:06:29 +0200 (CEST)
Objet: Re: vertical lines
Do you mean the command "Vertical Line"? Watch the Tools Options Bar and set the length.

If you just want to draw "by hand" you can restrict the movement to vertical.

Or in the command line next point "@0,something"

Please explain the problem more detailed. You should study the manual. It's a bit outdated, but still useful for the basics.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/vertical-lines-tp5715976p5715977.html

To unsubscribe from vertical lines, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Re : Re: vertical lines

dellus
I don't really understand the problem. Do you mean everything sticks to the x-axis?
Does it help to enable free-snap?
Oh, an idea. Could it be you have accidentally locked relative zero? Unlock it again (click the button again).
Reply | Threaded
|

pricemob48
Hi All

I am having a similar or same problem.
I am a new user so started working through the user manual from Bob Wolz. The basic exercise was to draw a line from point to point left to right on the x axis, then draw an upward vertical line from the right hand end of that line then a horizontal line to the left then a vertical down to eventually form a box. The first line point to point, left to right on the x axis was fine, however I can't draw the upward vertical line as the cursor will not leave the original x axis.

I have also tried drawing a circle and it will only draw from the original x axis.

I have tried the Lock/Unlock relative zero with no effect.

I am using 2.1.3 on windows 10

Any suggestions would be great.
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Do you accidentally have "Restrict Horizontal" on? It's the only way I could reproduce this.

Reply | Threaded
|

pricemob48

Thanks dellus for the prompt reply.

I had just worked out that was the problem before you emailed. Oddly enough, I hadn't selected that, I had even uninstalled LibreCAD and reinstalled (2.2.0.rc1). Same result, appears it is set as default.

Back to working through the manual now.

One other thing I have found is that the manual states that the menu options appear as text at the top, while I have some, I don't have them all. The manual shows 12 drop down menus, I have 9 and most are different than the manual. Not a major issue as I can access them by right clicking in the menu icon area and selecting the missing ones.

Having the drop down menus would probably make it a little easier to use, particularly "Modify".

Once again, thanks for the prompt reply.

Cheers

Peter

On 11/06/2018 9:15 PM, dellus [via LibreCAD] wrote:
Do you accidentally have "Restrict Horizontal" on? It's the only way I could reproduce this.

http://forum.librecad.org/Re-Re-vertical-lines-tp5715985p5716093.html
To unsubscribe from Re : Re: vertical lines, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
The Bob Woltz manual is from an old LC version. The user interface has changed meanwhile. There is a new one for 2.1.3 at the Wiki, LibreCAD Manuals Summary, as a pdf. No images, but quite comprehensive.
Reply | Threaded
|

pricemob48

perfect! Thanks again dellus

On 11/06/2018 10:07 PM, dellus [via LibreCAD] wrote:
The Bob Woltz manual is from an old LC version. The user interface has changed meanwhile. There is a new one for 2.1.3 at the Wiki, LibreCAD Manuals Summary, as a pdf. No images, but quite comprehensive.

http://forum.librecad.org/Re-Re-vertical-lines-tp5715985p5716095.html
To unsubscribe from Re : Re: vertical lines, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

Librecadni10
Greetings All,

I have a follow-up question, if I may; I have version 2.0.9-2 installed, is the Bob Woltz still valid for that version.
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Welcome Librecadni10,

the Bob Waltz manual is fine for 2.0.9.

Starting with version 2.1.x the GUI has changed, the menus and tool buttons were shifted around. The screen shots from the Bob Waltz manual doesn't match the newer versions anymore, but the tools itself works like before.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

Librecadni10
LordOfBikes,

Thank you for the reply.

I run both Linux Mint 18 and Windows 10, I recently downloaded the most recent stable version LibreCAD on my Windows 10 machine. [For myself, I find it better to use Linux Apps that are in the Linux Mint repository, that seems to work better for me. However, as has been pointed out, the LM repositories do not always have the most recent release of a given App. FWIW: I am not a Linux fanatic.]

This raises the perennial question of which version of a given software to use. Like it or not, the end user always is the final beta tester. In the open source universe, this is actually a feature.

It makes me no difference, but if using the more recent version will help frame questions that are more readily answered, then that's what I will do.

Respectfully, LibreCADni10