5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[SOLVED] Layer List and Block List wont stay selected

hansencomputers
This post was updated on .
Hello All,
This is my first post on the forum... looking for advice. I'm using LibreCAD at work and at home. My work PC is running Windows 10 and my home PC is Linux Mint.

On the Linux Mint machine when I enable the "Layer List" or "Block List" they remain enabled and are visible when I next use the program. On the Windows machine the Layer or Block lists always need to be re-enabled when opening the program.

Is there a method or setting when using Windows 10 such that these lists remember their state when the program is closed and re-opened?

Lastly, my compliments to the team developing LibreCAD. While there are differences in working with the software compared to DraftSight, I'm gradually getting faster at using it. Looking forward to seeing any new progress and improvements.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Layer List and Block List wont stay selected

dellus
What means not enabled? Not there at all, or don't remember their settings?
Reply | Threaded
|

hansencomputers
Hello, thanks for the help.
By "not enabled" I mean that they don't remember their settings.

Thank you,
Mike
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Just tested, if I save the drawing before closing, settings are remembered, if I don't save, they are not remembered. But I am on XP still.
Reply | Threaded
|

[SOLVED] Re: Layer List and Block List wont stay selected

hansencomputers
This post was updated on .
I have experimented with that, trying to save, not save, etc.

Just a note, all toolbars that I enable do remember their settings, just not Layer and Block lists.

Mike

My issue is resolved. I discovered that my "Dock Areas" were not enabled. When I bring up the layer list or block list it would display in the correct place (Dock Area Right Side) but since that Dock Area wasn't actually enabled, the Layer and Block lists would be gone at the next start of the software. Now that they are enabled, I have them showing on startup.

Thanks for the help and those who took time to consider my dilemma.

Mike