Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Saving an Existing File Requires A "SAVE AS"

AES-HSV
After creating or modifing a drawing and saving during the process I make the decision to PREVIEW and the PRINT.  While in PREVIEW I verify everything and the change the SCALE to 1:2 and then PRINT.  Close out of PREVIEW and return to the drawing.  Before I exit I do a SAVE (already and existing drawing), and the software will only alow me to do a SAVE AS.  Any time  I save prior to changing the scale and printing it saves just fine.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Saving an Existing File Requires A "SAVE AS"

fa201
I cannot reproduce this behavior with
Version: 2.2.0.2
Compiler: GNU GCC 9.4.0
Compiled on: Jul 29 2023
Qt Version: 5.12.9
Boost Version: 1.75.0
System: Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS.

I have both menu Save and Save as enabled. Save did work as I found back my printing settings after saving.

Can you give you version (Help > About > Copy) and paste the information in the thread ?
Fabrice

French hobbyist interested in 2D design.
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
This can happen, if the DXF file is somehow locked, e.g. by another software.
I have this sometimes, when the DXF is still open, while it is imported in OpenSCAD.
Then OpenSCAD locks the DXF and changes in LibreCAD can't be saved in the original DXF.
When saving fails in LibreCAD, it opens the Save as dialog to not lose any work.

I also remember issues, not in LibreCAD, but other office software, where saving failed when the file is located on a network drive. The consequence in LibreCAD would be Save as too.

So this has probably nothing to do with print preview or its settings.
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

AES-HSV
In reply to this post by fa201
I have version 2.1.3 and when I upgraded to 2.2.0 I was having the same problem.

Problem was fixed through the comments listed in the 2nd reply: I moved my drawing folder from Google Drive to my Hard Drive and had no issues.
Reply | Threaded
|

AES-HSV
In reply to this post by LordOfBikes
I will say the problem does exist and only when after I do a Print Preview, and the issue just started within the last month.

I did move my Drawing files from Google Drive to the PC and the issue went away.

Thanks for suggestion.