Scale

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Scale

Rick Ratzlaff
I can start a page. Draw my object no problem. But I can't make it big enough on the page.

I can't figure out how to make in fit on my Letter size or A4 properly?  Thanks in advance.

Ver 2.1.3 on Windows 8.*
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Scale

dellus
There might be some tiny left-overs scattered on the drawing far off the real parts. If you use the simple print command it tries to cover these too.
It's better to use the Print Preview command to control the outcome. Read this manual from page 71 onwards for more details:   https://wiki.librecad.org/images/2/20/LibreCAD_Users_Manual_2.1.3.pdf
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Scale

Rick Ratzlaff
Thanks. That makes sense. But I have tried several times to start a new drawing and it always reverts to the same scale. I'll read the manual.

On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 5:35 AM dellus [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:
There might be some tiny left-overs scattered on the drawing far off the real parts. If you use the simple print command it tries to cover these too.
It's better to use the Print Preview command to control the outcome. Read this manual from page 71 onwards for more details:   https://wiki.librecad.org/images/2/20/LibreCAD_Users_Manual_2.1.3.pdf


If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/Scale-tp5716762p5716765.html
To unsubscribe from Scale, click here.
NAML


--


Rick Ratzlaff
780-518-6885

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Scale

Rick Ratzlaff
I've discovered I'm missing the "Length" field at the top tool bar to the right of the 3 "By layer" boxes. 

How do I get to turn on the input option for the length of the line I want to draw? 

On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 9:33 AM Rick Ratzlaff [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks. That makes sense. But I have tried several times to start a new drawing and it always reverts to the same scale. I'll read the manual.

On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 5:35 AM dellus [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:
There might be some tiny left-overs scattered on the drawing far off the real parts. If you use the simple print command it tries to cover these too.
It's better to use the Print Preview command to control the outcome. Read this manual from page 71 onwards for more details:   https://wiki.librecad.org/images/2/20/LibreCAD_Users_Manual_2.1.3.pdf


If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/Scale-tp5716762p5716765.html
To unsubscribe from Scale, click here.
NAML


--


Rick Ratzlaff
780-518-6885




If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/Scale-tp5716762p5716767.html
To unsubscribe from Scale, click here.
NAML


--


Rick Ratzlaff
780-518-6885

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Scale

Rick Ratzlaff
Ha I've found the input box for line length. HOWEVER. So I can draw the 36 inch line I need. But it's too small on the A4 paper. How do I get it to be a reasonable size on the paper to take to the field?

On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 4:09 PM Rick Ratzlaff [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've discovered I'm missing the "Length" field at the top tool bar to the right of the 3 "By layer" boxes. 

How do I get to turn on the input option for the length of the line I want to draw? 

On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 9:33 AM Rick Ratzlaff [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks. That makes sense. But I have tried several times to start a new drawing and it always reverts to the same scale. I'll read the manual.

On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 5:35 AM dellus [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:
There might be some tiny left-overs scattered on the drawing far off the real parts. If you use the simple print command it tries to cover these too.
It's better to use the Print Preview command to control the outcome. Read this manual from page 71 onwards for more details:   https://wiki.librecad.org/images/2/20/LibreCAD_Users_Manual_2.1.3.pdf


If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/Scale-tp5716762p5716765.html
To unsubscribe from Scale, click here.
NAML


--


Rick Ratzlaff
780-518-6885




If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/Scale-tp5716762p5716767.html
To unsubscribe from Scale, click here.
NAML


--


Rick Ratzlaff
780-518-6885




If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/Scale-tp5716762p5716770.html
To unsubscribe from Scale, click here.
NAML


--


Rick Ratzlaff
780-518-6885

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Scale

Philip
This post was updated on .
Rick,

Start a new drawing.  Go to Options. > Current Drawing Preferences.  On the Paper tab select the paper size (letter, A4, etc) you want to use.  On the Units tab select inches, metric or what ever.  Draw a line.  In your example 36".  Click on print preview.  Your line will appear on the page.  The line will be draw to the maximum size scale that will fit on the paper.  This scale is shown in a box at the top of the page.  It will be an unusual number.  Something like 1:4.56387.  In that same box you can select other scales.  Try them until you find one that fits your needs.

Ask if you need more help.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Scale

Rick Ratzlaff
Thanks guys Resolved