Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Select snap no longer active in drawing file

Das123
I hope someone can help me. I've been working on a file and everything was going great but all of a sudden the selection proximity setting no longer works. For example if I'm using the Line --> Parallel Distance tool or the Modify --> Trim/Extend tool as an example I now need to click exactly on the line for the tool to activate. It used to snap to the closest line previously.

I thought I may have accidentally turned off a setting somewhere.

I haven't been able to find anyone else with a similar issue. If I start a new file it acts as it should so I assume there is a setting specific to the drawing that I've somehow over-ridden.

Hope someone can help or even provide a way for me to reset the default settings on the drawing.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Select snap no longer active in drawing file

dxli
hi,

This is handled by a catchEntity() method, which identify the nearest entity to the current mouse point.

If you have many entities in drawing, you may try to hide some entities to simplify entity catching.

It doesn't look like a setting issue to me.

If it does seem to be a bug to you, please file a bug report, with detailed steps to reproduce.

Das123 wrote
I hope someone can help me. I've been working on a file and everything was going great but all of a sudden the selection proximity setting no longer works. For example if I'm using the Line --> Parallel Distance tool or the Modify --> Trim/Extend tool as an example I now need to click exactly on the line for the tool to activate. It used to snap to the closest line previously.

I thought I may have accidentally turned off a setting somewhere.

I haven't been able to find anyone else with a similar issue. If I start a new file it acts as it should so I assume there is a setting specific to the drawing that I've somehow over-ridden.

Hope someone can help or even provide a way for me to reset the default settings on the drawing.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Select snap no longer active in drawing file

Das123
I have no idea how to recreate the issue unfortunately.

I've placed a copy of the file here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9163563/LibreCAD/Rebel%20Front%20Elevation.dxf

If I import the file into a new file it all works correctly again.