Selection of entities intermittent

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Selection of entities intermittent

Andrew Janke

Have scanned forum past posts and this has come up before but no answer (not from myself but another poster).

From time to time in a reasonably large .dxf file (3MB) I can no longer select individual entities. This is typically when using Trim or Offset. I can still select via rectangular select but not single clicks. You can sometimes make it work if you *very* carefully select in the centre of the line. Meaning only a single pixel will work.

From experience the problem tends to appear after copying and pasting a large number of elements in the drawing. But this may be anecdotal.

I can "fix" it by selecting all, copying and then pasting into a new file and save as a new name.

As per the previous post on this topic I have tried changing the scale but this doesn't change things.

While on this note, is it possible to have LibreCad "snap" to the closest item when clicking? or set a radius for clicks and it chooses the closest object?

Thanks

a
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Selection of entities intermittent

neillp
I seem to have the same problem using Librecad on Ubuntu 18.04. I have used it for many years, but now it seems to be unusable as I struggle to select entities. Anyone else have this problem?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Selection of entities intermittent

Andrew Janke
Yes, see it consistently in large files that you have edited for a long time. Typically happens after you attempt to copy/paste large chunks of it.

There is an easy but non permanent fix that I have deduced after dealing with this for a long time.

1. make all layers visible
2. Ctrl-A (select all)
3. Copy, select an origin, any origin
4. Make a new file
5. Paste.

And Viola! you can select/trim/extend/etc again.  I have no idea what causes this but it has to be some zoom selection stuff up or something.

a