Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Setup for Dimension Lines In Crowded Spaces

ForrestErickson
I am have a drawing where the dimension lines crowed the text of other dimension lines and line features.

Dimension lines crowding text

Would like suggestions for what to change in the setup.
How might I get the text between the arrows which says "0.2700" below the arrows for example.  Or moved to the left of the arrows.

Another example, why is the text "0.3370" between lines with outside arrows and the text for "0.4895" between lines with inside arrows?  How does LibreCAD decide when to transform the arrows?

Pointers to tutorials which help understand what the elements in the setup page does would help.

I am using Windows 7 and LibreCAD 2.0.11. of May 2016.

Thanks,
Forrest Erickson
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Setup for Dimension Lines In Crowded Spaces

dellus
Advanced commercial CAD packages are indeed better in this respect. There are improvements in the development version 2.2. But anyway, you can manually move the text by selecting the dimension with mouse click and then dragging the text at the blue square to your preferred position.
Reply | Threaded
|

ForrestErickson
Dellus,

Thanks for getting back to me.
After selecting the item, I have found the little blue handle by which to grab and move the text.  I was assuming incorrectly there was a setup menu so thanks for the know how.

Forrest Erickson
Reply | Threaded
|

achilliesdev
In reply to this post by ForrestErickson
The reason for the text at 0,3370 being placed to the side and the arrows pointing inward is that there is not enough space available in the area between the lines to place the arrows with a line and the text.  This is common even within Autocad its not a glitch its a built in limit.

Notice at measure 0,4875 the arrows are inside but they have no leg line visible that distance is probably your lowest point before the arrows switch to the outside pointing in.

When you have the will to always learn there is nothing that is impossible....The day you stop learning is the day you need to change your profession.