classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Solved] Keyboard Shortcut for Continue Action

Morgen
This post was updated on .
The right mouse button acts as a quick shortcut to backup on the command tree but I am wondering if there is a shortcut to continue action. I find that either I want to skip the selection step because I already have elements I am working with selected or I am done selecting and moving the mouse back to the command tree is an extra step that breaks the work flow.

I looked around on the wiki, forums, etc. but I could not find anything. If this is not default, is there a way to edit config files to add custom shortcuts?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Keyboard Shortcut for Continue Action

dxli
currently, right click Works as cancel. there's no supprt for redo yet for each action yet

dxli
Reply | Threaded
|

Morgen
Thanks for the reply.

The modification actions require that you select an object(s) to modify. However when done selecting the object, you must move from the drawing field to the panel to press the Continue Action button then return to the drawing field to execute the modification action.

I wasn't looking to redo the action, I just wanted to quickly press a key that would move the process forward to the execute action stage.

Sorry if I am unclear, I am not sure I am using the right vocabulary to describe the GUI elements.
Reply | Threaded
|

sp1der
Hi Morgen
You will find that in LibreCAD you can simply use the 'Enter' key on your keyboard to advance to the next tool action - particularly with the 'Modify' tool set!
Reply | Threaded
|

Morgen
That is what I was looking for, thanks!
Reply | Threaded
|

sp1der
In reply to this post by Morgen
I believe for LibreCAD 3 the tool action sequence/GUI etc. will be looked at, take a look at this thread here:
http://forum.librecad.org/Icon-theme-td5706838.html

[Edit: sorry about the wrong thread -it should be the right one now!]
Reply | Threaded
|

Morgen
I tried out LibreCAD 2 Alpha 4, I liked a lot of the changes but unfortunately for me it draws all lines infinitely long. In order to really make LibreCAD efficient the shortcuts need to change so they can be entered with one hand (left) or set by the user. I see that this is a feature request but so far not assigned.

Thanks again for the help ct.
Reply | Threaded
|

sp1der
When setting up new layers in version 2 a4, there is a useful little feature that allows you to set 'infinite' lines for construction drawing etc. To set up a new layer without this feature enabled -make sure this 'help' feature is left 'UN-checked'.

* I`m sure the shortcuts will be worked on in time!
Reply | Threaded
|

Morgen
That is amazing! I don't know how I would have ever figured that out. I noticed the icon in the layer list but it looked like a printer so I thought they added the ability to toggle printing separately from visibility. I am not sure what the use case of this feature would be.

Now I can start making use of the improvements in 2.0a4. Thanks Again!
Reply | Threaded
|

sp1der
This post was updated on .
This feature would be used to set up a layer just for your construction lines, so for example you might set up a full set of layers like:
1. Draw -with colour black/white (depending on your back ground colour you are using!), Line-weight (LW) = 0.25mm, Line type (LT) =  continuous.

2. Construction line - Magenta, LW = 0.18mm, LT = continuous.

3.Center line - Red, LW = 0.25mm, LT = Dash Dot

and so on...

* For the 'Construction line layer it might be useful to 'check' the 'Help' field, this would enable you to draw infinite construction lines on this layer!

Reply | Threaded
|

martin.hedin
Obviously this is the solution for my problem, but I cannot see the comment because it is deleted. Someone might wanna fill in?

Shortcut for "Continue Action" ?

Thanks, Martin
Reply | Threaded
|

Morgen
I still see the original comments as deleted, the Continue Action shortcut is the "Enter" key.

Hope that helps.