classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Status of COGO in LibreCad?

PaulSchrum
All,

I am not a LibreCad user, so my apologies if the answer to this is already well known in the community.

This link,
http://forum.librecad.org/COGO-Functions-td5710259.html

has developers considering the creation of a COGO package for LibreCad. I have two questions:

1. Did that ever happen?

2. If not, are there prospects for restarting it?

- Paul Schrum
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Status of COGO in LibreCad?

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Paul,

sadly no for both questions.
I know there were ambitions and iirc a LibreCAD fork from one guy working on these features years ago. But as I know, there was no serious progress.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

PaulSchrum
Thank you, Armin.

I am actually glad to hear this. I am interested in talking with someone very seriously about doing this. I have a framework that is 90% complete (Type III and Type IV spiral aren't done. A few other things.)

I'm keeping this post short, so I am skipping some important details. Like, what I have now would have to be ported to C++, but that should be fast with porting software that is out there.

Can you hook up by email to discuss in more detail? And if I should be discussing with someone other than you, can you get me in touch with that person?

- Paul
Reply | Threaded
|

johnmargaroni
Great news for Surveyors who like to plot in Bearings and Azimuth, Traverse, Inverse, etc.
 Good Luck....Can hardly wait.
 John Margaroni,PLS
Reply | Threaded
|

PaulSchrum
Thank you John,

I was planning to start from the very beginning today and see what I can get done between now and January 7th.

I come at this from a Roadway Designer's standpoint, and you know we have different interests and needs than Surveyors. So should you and I discuss features, workflow, etc, together?

The first thing I need to do with get LibreCad to build on my machine. The second thing is get familiar with what the community expects of new developers. Even though I am starting today, it will be a while -- I don't know how long -- until I am actually developing new things.

- Paul
(PE, 018172, North Carolina)
Reply | Threaded
|

johnmargaroni
Hi Paul,
I been tied up with the holidays and honestly just  saw your response.

I would be very interested in workinking with you.

What's the best way for us to confidentually correspond?

John
Reply | Threaded
|

PaulSchrum
Hi John,

Email is good for me if you are okay with that.

I prefer ptschrum@ncsu.edu, but you can keep paul.schrum@gmail.com as a back up.

- Paul
Reply | Threaded
|

Civil Guy
I'm retired from 30+ years with a local public works department.  I'll contact you privately as well.  I can't say how much time I'd have to assist, but I'd be interested in hearing what's going on.
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Maybe our Zulip chat channel is an appropriate tool for your discussion?
There is already a COGO stream: https://librecad.zulipchat.com/#narrow/stream/144822-COGO

This way more interested user/developer can participate in the conversation.
If you have concerns with the public stream, we can create a private stream too, only for invited people.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution