Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Troublesome little red circle with cross after a mistake

Ajohn
I'm new to LibreCAD so have to feel my way around. A couple of times following a mistake I use undo and it leaves a small red circle with a cross in it behind and that then interferes with the snap what ever I do with the snap settings.

Latest one was a silly by me. I had drawn some radial construction lines at 3 degree interval with longer ones at 6 degrees. Then a circle through them to mark where some small circles need to be drawn. I used snap to intersection which worked without problem but then realised I had put the small circle in the wrong sector so used undo but it left the little red circle behind. This was done on a layer over the radial line layer. For some reason the circle positioning then snaps horizontal to the little red one. If I free that it clears the intersection snap so once I enable that back to the horizontal snap.

I do need to snap to intersection on the layer below the one I am drawing on. The little red circle remains where the centre of the undone one was.

Argggggggggg. Maybe a confusing post but I want to get rid of any little red circles that remain after mistakes.

John
-
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Troublesome little red circle with cross after a mistake

ravas
That's the relative zero indicator.
If you aren't using it, then you could use the 'lock relative zero' action on the snap toolbar.

http://wiki.librecad.org/index.php/Relative_Zero
Reply | Threaded
|

Ajohn
No I don't think that is the problem. I've just had another one.

I drew a line across the diameter of the circle using lock to intersection and it did that correctly. I then moved the cursor which started another line which I didn't want so hit escape which did clear the command but left the little red circle.

When it happens like this it doesn't cause any actual drawing problems but may if I need to draw near it again. It just spoils the look as the ref marks usually disappear as soon as the action is over.

I'm wondering if it's  a bug, caused by moving the cursor after completing a line in this case and then escaping to end the command.

John
-
Reply | Threaded
|

ravas
Are you using the relative zero?

If not then just move it out of the way and lock it.

It's probably just unconsidered behavior...
Reply | Threaded
|

Ajohn
I did the awkward part the fan of angles 1st and saved it so I'll go back to that and add do the other bits again with lock zero set in case i have messed something up.

John
-
Reply | Threaded
|

Ajohn
The problem does seem to  have been me. Next time I opened the file I put it back on the original position when a drawing is started and then locked it. No problems since.

I'm worried I am beginning to like it.

John
-