classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Trying to use Fillet but don't see Radius

rfresh737
I am new to LibreCAD.

I have drawn a rectangle and now would like to radius the corners but I don't see the Radius field to set the Radius value? Example, 12.5mm.

Also, I don't know how to use the Radius feature. I see the Radius icon and I click it and then move over to my rectangle ... but now what?

Thank you...
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Trying to use Fillet but don't see Radius

dellus
After you click the radius icon (fillet) a new tab appears where you can set the radius. Also the command line asks to specify the first and second object.

dellus
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
o, something seems to go wrong with the insertion of images. The text should be black. Hope you understand it anyway.
Reply | Threaded
|

rfresh737
Yes I see the Radius Tab now.

However, it seems awkward to know what to do with the mouse over a 90 degree corner? I click once and see the arc but then the command window prompt says "Specify Second Entity" ?

One time I clicked once to get the arc to appear and then clicked again and it set it correctly into the upper left corner but I can't do that again with the other corner. No matter where I click or how I move the mouse I can't finish the task. Also, as I move the mouse around the arc changes, not a bad thing but I don't know what to do to 'sett' the arc when I have it in the correct orientation.

There must be a correct sequence of steps to do this correctly or is just isn't going to work and that sequence isn't an obvious one.

Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
After the first click, when you move the mouse towards the second entity the arc seeks it's direction, when it is right, do the second click. It works fine for me, though sometimes the behaviour seems a bit strange.

dellus
Reply | Threaded
|

rfresh737
This post was updated on .
I'm getting better at it.

My last corner has the small red circle right on the 90 degree point and I guess that is preventing me from making the last arc.

What is that small red circle and how do I move it out of the way?

UPDATE: I found some help on the small red circle: http://wiki.librecad.org/index.php/Coordinate_system

So I got Radius to finally work...it is a bit strange to try and do this task.

Now, I'd like to figure out how to edit a radius? I can't figure that out.

It seems that many things in LC do not work the way one would expect things to work. There seems to always be a trick or a secret way to make it do what you are trying to do.

Reply | Threaded
|

ravas
Some of the code is 16 years old; and some systems definitely need to be cleaned or rewritten.
The first step is putting in the effort to understand the current system
so that it can be improved or replaced.
The current developers didn't necessarily write the old systems.
It can be a lot of work to rewrite things to make a new consistent system;
and before that can happen a new system needs to be conceived.

If you have ideas for a more intuitive system
then you are encouraged to write that system down
and post it in a new topic.

http://forum.librecad.org/Suggestions-amp-Feedback-f5706791.html