Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Use Mouse Wheel to Scroll, Not Zoom

Tango
I'm now using 2.1.0 from the nightly build from the night of 3/7.

I'm using OS X with an Apple Magic Mouse.  When I started on LibreCAD, a few days ago, with the current version, when I scrolled left or right or up or down on the mouse, it scrolled that way on LibreCAD.  I'm almost positive that once I loaded the nightly build today, it still worked that way.  I don't know what I did, but those motions control zooming.  From reading the manual Pan And Zoom section, I see that it's normal for scrolling on the mouse wheel controls zoom and that using shift or control allows it to scroll instead of zoom.

I'm finding that pressing control keeps it from zooming or scrolling and that I get good up and down scrolling when I press shift, but not sideways panning/scrolling.

Why did my system original scroll and pan instead of zooming?  Apparently that's not default settings.  More importantly, is there a way to change it back?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Use Mouse Wheel to Scroll, Not Zoom

ravas
Scrolling is supposed to zoom; there was a bug that made it so you were using the behavior that was intended for high resolution trackpads.
If you prefer that behavior you can go to Options -> Device Options and choose Trackpad.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Use Mouse Wheel to Scroll, Not Zoom

Tango
Thank you!

Now, in the past 10 minutes, I've been getting used to the default behavior and like it, but I can see how I'm going to want to go back and forth, depending on what I'm doing.