Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

User Recommended system requirements

roguepoint
Is there any input or opinions from current users for system requirements such as, recommended processor speed, memory size, graphics card, operating system etc. in order to achieve a user friendly environment for librecad ?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: User Recommended system requirements

dellus
LibreCAD has very low system resources requirements, it runs on almost anything. I run it on Win XP and on light-weight Linux distributions. You may experience sluggishness on very large drawings.
Reply | Threaded
|

roguepoint
" You may experience sluggishness on very large drawings."
I did experience this, which was the reason for my questions. I have a architectural floor plan that was saved from autocad LT 2010, and it seemed to have considerable lag to the point of unusability. Smaller drawings such as door frame detail drawings were no problem. That is why I am wondering what folks are using for a middle of the road workstations.
Thank You for your input.  
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
If you are on windows you might try LC 2.2 RC. It has a feature that simplifies text lines to a rectangle when small and unreadable anyway on screen. When you have lot of text this might help.
You could also switch off raster and unneeded snap options, leaving on only free snap and endpoints, for instance.
Reply | Threaded
|

R. van Twisk
Administrator

On 17 Mar 2019, at 00:36, dellus [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:

If you are on windows you might try LC 2.2 RC. It has a feature that simplifies text lines to a rectangle when small and unreadable anyway on screen. When you have lot of text this might help.
You could also switch off raster and unneeded snap options, leaving on only free snap and endpoints, for instance.

In addition turf off layers you done need.

Note: New version of LibreCAD will have this optimised..

Ries

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/User-Recommended-system-requirements-tp5717100p5717106.html
To start a new topic under LibreCAD-user, [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from LibreCAD, click here.
NAML