3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Using Pootle offline

Christian
Hello there,
I am trying to see if I can work on the translation offline.
So far I managed to download Virtaal which, I understand, can handle the Pootle translation. My problem now is: how can I download the file I am working on?

I have a few more questions, if I need to put them in another topic, please let me know. Here they are:
- What is the meaning of the "fuzzy" tick caseĀ ?
- What are signs like:
   1. =1%
   2. &, most disturbing when within a word like this: "Ta&b mode"
- Context: it is sometimes necessary to have access to the string context to be able to translate, for instance: "Command line history and output", output in English can have many different meanings in other languages according to the context thus the importance to know more about it.
Su&b-Window mode is another delicat one.
- Repeated strings or words: some strings or words appear several times and unless one has a table of previous translations in view, the risk of a different translation exist.

Regards,

Christian
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Using Pootle offline

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Hello Christian,

offline translation is undesired as it is a big source for trouble and extra administration work. So please keep on using the server for your translation work.

Please have a look at the New user instructions thread.
On our Wiki page Using the LibreCAD Translation Server you will find answers about your Fuzzy and Context question.

The %1, in common %number phrases are replaced at runtime with numbers or variable text like file names. If it is required for local grammar it's possible to swap %number phrases, e.g. use %2 before %1.

The & sign is a control character for menu entries. In case of "Ta&b mode" you find "Tab mode" in the "Window" menu of the menu bar. The b character is the shortcut for the menu command using the Alt-Key.

If you have any further question, don't hesitate to reply here.

Thanks for your contribution.

Armin
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Using Pootle offline

Christian
Thank you my Lord ofbikes,

I am getting more and more familiarised with it and, if need be, I know I can ask you more questions.

Christian