Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

What the heck is going on here?

pwright2
LibreCAD is a great program and the people of the forum have been a great help to this newbie but ... in the words of Red Buttons "Strange Things are Happening"

Early on I noted that all the entries by someone named NOGGIN had been deleted.  Seemed odd ... but maybe he was a troll and supervisors deleted him.  Seemed to be a persistent fellow and didn't seem like the right place for a troll, but who knows.

Recently I asked some questions and got some really useful answers from a fellow.  Now I go to the postings and they all say, for his entries, deleted by owner.  Now, of course, that is his right but ... WTF?

Is this normal here?

-----Paul-----
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: What the heck is going on here?

R. van Twisk
Administrator
Paul,

although I don't fully understand what's happening I can contact Nabble and ask them if there is something strange going on.

On your question 'Is this normal' no it isn't, however it's the first time I did hear about this, and occasionally remove a post myself,
but only if it's advertising sort of stuff and the typical spam, unrelated to LibreCAD.

You are free to send me a private mail if you wish,
Regards,
R. van Twisk

On May 10, 2013, at 8:38 PM, pwright2 [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:

LibreCAD is a great program and the people of the forum have been a great help to this newbie but ... in the words of Red Buttons "Strange Things are Happening"

Early on I noted that all the entries by someone named NOGGIN had been deleted.  Seemed odd ... but maybe he was a troll and supervisors deleted him.  Seemed top be a persistent fellow and didn't seem like the right place for a troll, but who knows.

Recently I asked some questions and got some really useful answers from a fellow.  Now I go to the postings and they all say, for his entries, deleted by owner.  No, of course, that is his right but ... WTF?

Is this normal here?

-----Paul-----

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/What-the-heck-is-going-on-here-tp5708047.html
To start a new topic under New user/ Introduce yourself, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from LibreCAD, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

pwright2
I don't see any reason to go private on this.  Not trying to raise a big stink, either.  Main reason I'm concerned is that the answers I got were very valuable to me and I would think to some other newbie trying to learn the program.  I have the texts of the posts and could repost them under my own Avatar but don't want to offend the real author or his rights.  So I figured I would ask whether there was some policy that was being enforced or some other reason.

Thanks for the reply.

-----Paul-----
Reply | Threaded
|

R. van Twisk
Administrator
Paul,

the reason for the private was only to understand what's going because no posts should have been deleted and if this happens we need to understand why.
As we currently don't run a private forum, but using Nabble as the forum/mailinglist system I can ask Nabble to understand and ask for help.

Can you point me to a thread where you know things have been deleted? I would still like to ask Nabble what's going or at least take a look myself (as a forum admin).

In terms of policy, we don't have any strong enforced policy, only spam will be deleted or anything else that's not related to LibreCAD (However a friendly hello how are you doing will not get deleted).

Ries

On May 11, 2013, at 7:40 AM, "pwright2 [via LibreCAD]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

I don't see any reason to go private on this.  Not trying to raise a big stink, either.  Main reason I'm concerned is that the answers I got were very valuable to me and I would think to some other newbie trying to learn the program.  I have the texts of the posts and could repost them under my own Avatar but don't want to offend the real author or his rights.  So I figured I would ask whether there was some policy that was being enforced or some other reason.

Thanks for the reply.

-----Paul-----

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/What-the-heck-is-going-on-here-tp5708047p5708049.html
To start a new topic under New user/ Introduce yourself, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from LibreCAD, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

pwright2
OK, so ...
-------------
http://forum.librecad.org/distance-along-an-angled-line-td5708029.html 

shows content deleted by author.
------------
http://forum.librecad.org/Relative-Zero-Point-td5708013.html

previously also showed content deleted by author.  Now the content is back but the author is unidentified.
------------
and while this is not one of my threads, http://forum.librecad.org/Why-do-we-now-allow-advertising-in-this-forum-td5706874.html has a lot of deleted posts.  
-------------

Seems odd.

-----Paul-----
Reply | Threaded
|

sp1der
Hi Paul

I've sent you a private mail to explain things