4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

critic, bug, suggestion and question

mhld
Hi,

critic hidden behind a request:
please, for readbility move away all topics form the start page off the forum. Leave folders (= subforums) only. *I* can imagine people going away only because they see this.

bug:
I cannot pick an element (on layer 1) if an element with the same outline is visible on an other layer. Layer 1 in this cas would be the active layer, layer 2 would be visible but frozen. I'd always expect that the element on the active layer get the preference.

suggestion:
please change the polyline optional toolbar, especialy the buttons for "close" and "back to last node" (I don't know the exact enlish wording. I even din't know the german wording because there are only some sensless letters visible which, a fact that forced me to google for finding how to close a ployline .
Why not adding symbols? For closing a polyline with all nodes green, but the last line dotted (maybe with arrow). and for back simly a backward arrow pointing to a green node. Anyway, as it is, it is somewhat pointless.

question:
Why is there no subforum "bug-reports"? Troobleshooting is something else. I'd apprerciate you create one.

Thanks.

If needed I make a screenshot. Hopefully you don't.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: critic, bug, suggestion and question

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Hi,

your critic about the posts on the forum root are quite valid, but this seems to be a Nabble issue. I'm sure, that most if not all posts have been in subfolders recently.

@ries, can you please add permissions to my Nabble account, that I can support here.

Your bug report is a known issue, but it wouldn't be solved before the nearly release of 2.0 version. To work around this issue, hide the upper layer to select the lower entities.

Your suggestions also have to wait for the release of 2.0. There are some improvements on polylines scheduled, maybe the suggestions can be implemented with them. Which LibreCAD version are you using?
If you can describe your suggestion more detailed in German, you're welcome to send me a mail in German language (click my nick name and find the link "Send Email to LordOfBikes").

The preferred places for bug reports are the LibreCAD project sites on SourceForge.net and github.com. There are dedicated ticket systems for that purpose.
But, as these systems are restricted to registered users only, your question is valid and we should think about a bug report place for users without sf.net and github account.

Armin

investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

mhld
First, I clearly should have mentioned the version I use:

lc master 2.0.0rc2

LordOfBikes wrote

Your bug report is a known issue, but it wouldn't be solved before the nearly release of 2.0 version. To work around this issue, hide the upper layer to select the lower entities.
The problem is I cannot pick the element of the upper/active layer. I simply can pick *none* of both the elements. It's like clicking on empty space.
LordOfBikes wrote
If you can describe your suggestion more detailed in German, you're welcome to send me a mail in German language (click my nick name and find the link "Send Email to LordOfBikes").
I assume my english will do?
I use the german translation of lc. In the polyline *options* dialog there are two buttons, one for closing a polyline, one for going back to the last node. I only know this because I was googeling. Here the text on the buttons is sensless, because from what I assume should to be read "schließen" only "lie" is visible, and from what I assume should to be read "rückgänig" is visible not even "kgä".

screenshot polyline options (buttons)

To me it looks as if the buttons do not expand enough. And yes, I use whereever possible bigger letters then default (*not* unreasonable big). OTOH I cannot imagine how "close" or "back" can fit in these buttons. That's why I propose symbols instead of words. For "back" a backwards arrow would be sufficient, for close a symbolized polyline with the last line dotted or the like would be appropriate.

Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Hi,

concerning the selection issue, can you please attach a sample file and write down the steps to reproduce it?

Concerning the polyline issue, this is a matter of user interface and should be solved immediately, I will have a look at it.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution