Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

dimensions linear precision

betabagoly
In the version 2.08 has appeared a new feature in "drawing preferences": now we can set the linear precision of units. If the dimension eg. is 10 and the precision is 0,00 now it looks 10.00. Is there any way getting rid of last zeros? There is a select menu "linear zeros", but it does not work. If I open a drawings was made an earlier version the precision is 0.0000. Not so nice. Main drawing unit is mm.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: dimensions linear precision

dxli
hi betabagoly,

I will look into this one

betabagoly wrote
In the version 2.08 has appeared a new feature in "drawing preferences": now we can set the linear precision of units. If the dimension eg. is 10 and the precision is 0,00 now it looks 10.00. Is there any way getting rid of last zeros? There is a select menu "linear zeros", but it does not work. If I open a drawings was made an earlier version the precision is 0.0000. Not so nice. Main drawing unit is mm.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rallaz
In older LibreCAD dxf the dimension precision are the same as drawing units precision.
If you change the drawing precision to show 3 decimals the dimension are changed. All are controlled by "$LUPEC" var.
In 2.0.8 drawing units precision are controlled by "$LUPEC" and linear dimension precision by "$DIMDEC"
If "$DIMDEC" are not set the defalt value are 4. You are rigth, this is bad, default value for "$DIMDEC" can be set to "$LUPEC". The same aplies to "$AUPEC" and "$DIMADEC" (angular dimension) I send a patch (it is very easy).

Linear & Angular zeros is unimplemented (only GUI part) these are controlled by "$DIMZIN" and "$DIMAZIN" angular part is easy but linear is a bit more complicated (no problem with decimal units, but imperial is another matter)
Reply | Threaded
|

betabagoly
Hi Rallaz,
I'm really appreciate your work! Is that possible, that the Qcad's default drawing unit precision was 4 decimal? Because with the latest builds the old drawings looks as bad as it was 1 week ago. See the link bellow:
  http://betabagoly.hu/temp/screenshot.png
Reply | Threaded
|

Rallaz
This post was updated on .
Hi betabagoly,

My last patch are very bad :(

I send a new correct patch and a bit work removing zeros, are ready in angular dimensions.
In linear dimensions only for aligned & linear, are pending radial & diameter and ONLY for decimal units.

Please, can you test and coment?

Cheers, Rallaz

PS:
The patch are in master & 2.0 brach and a nigtly build can ready soon
Reply | Threaded
|

Rallaz
The Nightly build are ready.

I added the remaining code for decimal dimension. Only remaining imperial units (feet & inch)

This is a capture with posible values & the result:

Reply | Threaded
|

betabagoly
I tested this build with same result. But I use SI units not imperial. Here you can find a test file:
http://betabagoly.hu/temp/cover.dxf
Reply | Threaded
|

Rallaz
In LC the dim vars are stored in dxf HEADER section and dimstyles omitted (are unsupported)
In your attached file dim vars in dxf HEADER section are omitted and saved in "standard" dimstyle.
I added a patch to check if dim vars are stored in HEADER, if not, are read from "standard" dimstyle and saved in both HEADER section & "standard" dimstyle (bidirectional compatibility)
Reply | Threaded
|

betabagoly
Hi Rallaz,
I tested the latest build.It's better but when I open an old drawings made by earlier LC the useless zeros are still there. I can hide them with drawing's preferences (thank you),but it would be good if it was automatic.
I had made a testfile in LC version 2.02 and tested it with version 2.03 and the latest build. As I see it after version 2.02 something has changed with dimensioning. With the latest version there is a problem with dimension line as well.
testfile

Reply | Threaded
|

kevin.zlr
Hi, When I upgraded from V2.0.7 to V2.0.9 (windows) I found that my setting of 0.00 precision now displays as 0.0000.  I can change the precision setting to any value in the pulldown, but it still displays as 0.0000.  Thanks!

V2.0.7

V2.0.9
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
can you upload a dxf file to show the bug?

kevin.zlr wrote
Hi, When I upgraded from V2.0.7 to V2.0.9 (windows) I found that my setting of 0.00 precision now displays as 0.0000.  I can change the precision setting to any value in the pulldown, but it still displays as 0.0000.  Thanks!

V2.0.7

V2.0.9