classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

drawing prints a wee bit too large

Thomas Coleman
Hello,
I drew a violin neck template and cannot get it to print to the size I drew it.  Somebody please help?
I originally selected A4 paper size and that's also what my printer is set to.  I've also tried converting to a pdf and printing from Adobe reader but, same.  When I go to print preview in LibreCAD the print ratio is set to 1.14413:1 at least I think what that drop down box is.  I did not set it to that.  So, I have tried setting that to 1:1 and also checking the fixed box.  I have tried various configurations of all this but it always prints out the same and always a wee bit too big. Any ideas or advice would be appreciated.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: drawing prints a wee bit too large

dellus
If you set the scale manually to 1:1, it should in any case print out in the right size. If you use A4 I assume you also use mm. In Windows versions there is the problem that the printout is a bit offset, but the size should be right. If you provide the file here I could have a look at it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Thomas Coleman
Reply | Threaded
|

Thomas Coleman
In reply to this post by dellus
Thanks!  I tried setting the ratio manually, at least I think that's what I was doing! ;-)
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Everything seems to be right with your drawing, it printed out right size in my test with virtual printer PDF Creator.
Reply | Threaded
|

Thomas Coleman
Hmmm...Any idea what I might be doing wrong?  Do you know why the print ratio always reverts back to the 1.144etc:1 even if I manually set it to 1:1 and check the "fixed" box?  
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
That "fixed" boxed isn't consistent, don't rely on it. Else, I have no idea.
Can't investigate any more today, I'm finished, got to go to bed, good night.