classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
lj
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

dwg support?

lj
Installed Librecad as it was listed as a Linux Mint alternative to allow viewing & converting dwg files, but dwg was not an option when I tried to open a dwg file after install (which went fine otherwise as far as I can tell).  No updates apparently available through synaptic package manager or update manager.  Suggestions?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: dwg support?

dellus
dwg support is only in the latest 2.08 edition or the nightly builds. It's still experimental, only import and it doesn't open all dwg-files. For linux try the Teigha file converter / viewer ( please google for it ). It works well for me in puppylinux.

dellus
lj
Reply | Threaded
|

lj

Thanks, Dellus.  Found Teigha with deb installer & will see if it works with Mint 17.2.

On 2015-09-15 05:19, dellus [via LibreCAD] wrote:

dwg support is only in the latest 2.08 edition or the nightly builds. It's still experimental, only import and it doesn't open all dwg-files. For linux try the Teigha file converter / viewer ( please google for it ). It works well for me in puppylinux.

dellus

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/dwg-support-tp5712232p5712235.html
To unsubscribe from dwg support?, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

Rallaz
In reply to this post by dellus
Hi dellus,

In latest code I solve 6 bugs opening dwg but, if you can't open some dwg, please send it (here or for private) and I can investigate the problem.

Cheers,
Rallaz
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Hi Rallaz,
here is a dwg that didn't open, the pc hung. Another one from the same source also didn't work. It seems to contain some layout stuff. It is quite big though there is not much in the drawing. It opened in draftsight without problems. No need for me, but if you like you can investigate. 150216_ACB_Halle_Bruha.dwg

dellus
Reply | Threaded
|

Rallaz
Hi dellus,

Your attached dwg file fails in 2.0.8 but works with the last patches.

I used to test this windows build:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/librecad/files/Windows/NightlyBuilds/2.0/LibreCAD-Installer-2.0.8-20-g5b004c1.exe/download

And the proof:

Cheers,
Rallaz
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Success confirmed. Well done, Rallaz. Isn't this a candidate for a main bugfix 2.0.8.1 release, not to disappoint new customers? Master branch seems not to have this. Can i install the windows nightlies of master and of 2.0 in parallel, without spoiling something? 2.0.8 standard i have installed as portable from portableapps.com.

Regards dellus  
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
one easy way is to provide a 2.0-nightly installers.

I suppose Armin can easily add this for win32.

For OS/X, we don't even have the resource (developer time, and hardware/bandwidth) to maintain master nightly build.

Any help is welcome!

dellus wrote
Success confirmed. Well done, Rallaz. Isn't this a candidate for a main bugfix 2.0.8.1 release, not to disappoint new customers? Master branch seems not to have this. Can i install the windows nightlies of master and of 2.0 in parallel, without spoiling something? 2.0.8 standard i have installed as portable from portableapps.com.

Regards dellus
Reply | Threaded
|

Rallaz
Hi dellus,

Dwg patches are in both 2.0 & master branch.

2.0 branch nightly builds:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/librecad/files/Windows/NightlyBuilds/2.0/

master branch nightly builds:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/librecad/files/Windows/NightlyBuilds/master/
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Hi Rallaz,
just for feedback:
that file which didn't open formerly and now does, in the latest win nightly 2.0.8...fa5e shows objects with wrong angle (diagonally).
In the master branch 2.0.7...889b it still doesn't open at all, allthough you said the dwg-fixes are there as well.

regards dellus
Reply | Threaded
|

Rallaz
Hi dellus,

Sorry for the delay, I am very busy.

The master branch is the same as 2.0 branch plus code to work with MSVC.

I found a bug in the MSVC code and send a patch you can test it in a 2 october or later build.

Cheers,
Rallaz
Reply | Threaded
|

Rallaz
About wrong angle in 2.0.8 brach is another new bug not related with dwg files.

Text and inserts are good read and saved but displayed with a bad angle. I opened a bug report reporting the problem.
Reply | Threaded
|

librecaduser
Hello:

Just download LibreCAD.

"Version: 2.1.1
Compiler: GNU GCC 4.9.1
Compiled on: Jun 25 2016
Qt Version: 5.4.1
Boost Version: 1.60.0
System: Windows "

I have an error with dwg file.

Here is the message:
Opened dwg file version dwg version 2013.
error reading blocks in dwg file
Cannot open the file
What to do now?
Thank you.