Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

dxf file quit opening

meckelberry
I am a new user/beginner and had been working on this file for 8-10 hours over a few days.  All of a sudden last night it quit opening and just has a circle that spins and then I have to force a shutdown because it makes LibreCad (Not Responsive).  Please, Please, Please anyone that can help me figure out what I did to make it not open.  I even tried to restore but it tells me there are no previous versions.

I am trying to attach a link to the document so someone who has experience with this may be able to help.  Thanks in advance!
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jKJjqk5479aslGbdSC7DzyxxTHt9u4DF
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: dxf file quit opening

dellus
I don't have a google drive account, so can't check your file. You might upload it here on the forum.
You also can look for a back-up of that file which LibreCAD has saved. They have a # at beginning or .dxf~ as file format name, remove the ~ then.
Does the file also not open in a different CAD system, like Draftsight?
Does LibreCAD still open a different file or with the standard start up drawing?
Reply | Threaded
|

meckelberry
Jesse_Cabin.dxf

Wow.  Thank you so much!!!!  Just found the LibreCAD back-up you spoke of and I did what you said an it worked.  You have no idea how grateful I am for your advice.

Yhanks again,
Matt
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Tried to open the file in Draftsight, crashed. In DoubleCAD XT (an older version they once offered as freeware) it opened. Resaved it and that opened in LibreCAD. Jesse_Cabin_dcxt.dxf
Can't tell what's the reason.
Reply | Threaded
|

meckelberry
Again thanks for your time and effort.  This community of experience is great for a newbie like me.