classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

eraser

roberto fabbri
Hello everybody.
Is it existing on Libre Cad the function erase? I mean, if I use the function "Freehand Line" the function "Trim" is not working, so: is it possible to erase the line were I want?
Thank you very much for your help.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: eraser

flywire
roberto fabbri wrote
is it possible to erase the line were I want?
Select and delete to delete entire line or trim.
Reply | Threaded
|

roberto fabbri
Hi Flywire, thank you for your answer.
Yes, this is clear. My problem is that, if you draw a line with the function "Freehand Line", trim is not working
and the only option is to select and delete ALL the line. What I want to do is to cancell only a part of this line  at my discretion, like if it would a draw with a pencil on a paper sheet. Do you understand?
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Freehand line is created as polyline, that's why trim doesn't work.
Use Explode tool, then trim should work.
But, be aware, that you have a bunch of independent lines after Explode!
So it is recommend to create the Freehand line on a separate layer, that makes rejoining the segments easier.
Use window selection to mark all the unwanted parts of the line and delete it with a single action.
After trimming you can join the remaining lines to a polyline again.
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

roberto fabbri
Thank you very much, Lord of Bikes!
You are speaking about things I never did, actually, but I'll find my way.
Very kind of you.
Reply | Threaded
|

fa201
If you select the freehand line you will see many blue points which are extremities of small lines making the freehand line. These small lines needs to be exploded (understand ungrouped) so that you can modify some of them.

I'll try to reformulate what Armin advised :

1/ Create a new layer (let's call it freehand)

2/ Move the freehand line to layer freehand to isolate this line from the rest of drawing -> Click on Properties select the freehand line and freehand layer.

3/ Click on Explode then select the freehand line. It is now broken into several small lines.

4/ Do what you want to do and you can "group" these small lines into a Polyline with Create ploylines from existing segment.

I also link to the user manual as it may help to find the icons: https://librecad.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ref/tools.html
Fabrice

French hobbyist interested in 2D design.
Reply | Threaded
|

roberto fabbri
Thank you very much for your help, Fabrice.
Très gentil.