classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

hello from an MS Visio user trying to switch to LibreCAD

UxHamby
Hi,

I have been using MS Visio since before it was an MS product. A Visio sampler (3.5" floppy) disc arrived in the mail back in the early '90's, just as I was contemplating a kitchen remodeling project. I tried the sampler version of the Visio program and found I could easily plan my entire project with it.

Over the years I have used it in many versions and am happy with it but it has always lacked industry acceptance and any port to DXF / DWG is fraught with pain and expense if it is practical at all. I gather that my sort of drafting task is not where MS has put their emphasis for use of this product although it still works very well for me in that realm.

Now I look for alternatives, despite being heavily invested in Visio, from a head space perspective. I do mostly 2D work for parts I want to make or have made so sketch-up, although interesting is not a good replacement candidate. I like the looks of LibreCAD and am trying to develop some facility with it. I am trying to get past the frustrations as one learns a new interface to an old task.

Thanks, hope this is of interest.

Cheers,

Brian H.
Toronto Ont