classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

line color incorrect during printing

echo702
hello,

i am having trouble printing. i have tried changing layer colour to black and white,  i have selected the black and white box in the print preview screen. and i have changed the line colour to black and white instead of defined by layer.  nothing has worked as when i print i get, what i am assuming is a gray scale, a barely legible drawing.  the lines print but they are pale gray.  i have no problems printing from any other program.

i am running:
fedora 19
librecad 2.0.0
printing to a konica/minolta biz205

I am new to librecad, but not new to cad, so i may have missed something obvious.  

thank you for your time.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: line color incorrect during printing

dxli
First, please upgrade to 2.0.2, if you are using 2.0.0 instead of 2.0.2.

Please upload a testcase dxf to show this bug, with detailed description, and we will fix this type of bug in high priority.

Reply | Threaded
|

echo702
i have only found the librecad 2.0.0 rpm available from the librecad download section.  to get version 2.0.2 would i have to compile it from source?

thak you for your time
Reply | Threaded
|

Rallaz
Updated rpm packages to 2.0.2 you can found in the librecad download section
Reply | Threaded
|

echo702
titleblock.dxf

installed librecad 2.0.2.  opened the file attached, created with librecad 2.0.0.  printed file with same results as older version of librecad.  attached file per earlier request.  will recreate file in 2.0.2 and post results later.

Reply | Threaded
|

echo702
titleblock2.0.2.dxfprinttopdf2.0.2.pdf

recreated file in 2.0.2 and file printed with the same problem.  i have included file, and a print to pdf created with cups to pdf.
what other information could i provide that would help?
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
In reply to this post by echo702
Please explain in details what's the difference between expected and generated.

If you mean the difference in the following two PDFs:

c1-pale.pdf

c1-solid.pdf

then, this is due to difference in "line-width", as set to 0.5mm in dxf file:

titleblock-solid.dxf

echo702 wrote
hello,

i am having trouble printing. i have tried changing layer colour to black and white,  i have selected the black and white box in the print preview screen. and i have changed the line colour to black and white instead of defined by layer.  nothing has worked as when i print i get, what i am assuming is a gray scale, a barely legible drawing.  the lines print but they are pale gray.  i have no problems printing from any other program.

i am running:
fedora 19
librecad 2.0.0
printing to a konica/minolta biz205

I am new to librecad, but not new to cad, so i may have missed something obvious.  

thank you for your time.
Reply | Threaded
|

echo702
ok, that is the result that i am looking for.  changing the line width from the default works.  thank you all for helping me solve this problem.  i will try not to miss the obvious before i post again. thank you.