Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

no exports work?

joeb
Is the export function broken? I can't export to anything. It just says "Export Failed" then creates a file with an extension of whatever I wanted to export to, but nothing can read it.

Also, the pdf export isn't working again.

I've been updating every time a patch comes through.

Trying to get this drawing to someone to fabricate something for me and can't export it
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: no exports work?

joeb
jpg and png produce empty files.. the bmp was 54 bytes.  PDF produces a microscopic drawing and a sheet of paper the size of Idaho.
Reply | Threaded
|

oneloosecrank
I am experiencing this too. Exporting to PDF creates a PDF file which is zoomed in by 6400%, and still only provides me a small square of blanc space. I can however get a PDF by uploading the original DXF (with the file saved so that the only the relevant layers which need printing are visible) to zamzar.com, which allows a file conversion from DXF to PDF. However, I need a 1:1 print of the design and the papersize in the PDF properties reports something much smaller than expected. So I've still got to figure out why the design is reduced to less than 1:1
Reply | Threaded
|

oneloosecrank
My progress on this so far: I abandoned the 'export to PDF' and explored the 'print to adobe printer' option instead, but it fails to send the file to print (which is actually a postscript file) as it won't send font. It requests that 'rely on system fonts' is disabled. So:

open Printer and faxes,
Right click Adobe Printer,
Uncheck the 'rely on system fonts' box (this can also be done in file\print\adobe printer\preferences)
Be sure the 'print to file' box is checked
Print to adobe printer (adjusting page settings to suit)

I feel like I'm nearly there with this, but [edited] the file comes out corrupt and cannot be opened by the PDF viewer.
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
In reply to this post by joeb
did you use "printpreview" to set printer scale?

can you upload a test case dxf with detailed steps to show this bug?

joeb wrote
Is the export function broken? I can't export to anything. It just says "Export Failed" then creates a file with an extension of whatever I wanted to export to, but nothing can read it.

Also, the pdf export isn't working again.

I've been updating every time a patch comes through.

Trying to get this drawing to someone to fabricate something for me and can't export it
Reply | Threaded
|

oneloosecrank
OK, well I've been waiting hoping for some movement on this thread as I really need to get a print done so if I describe my problems with exporting, maybe they will resolve Joeb's...

Changing the printer scale worked to get an actual paper size. If I go to print preview I can fix the ratio at 1:1 and I can export an A4 page with that amount of design printed. I need to export in A0 to fit the whole design 1:1. The installed printer is only an A4 printer so I can't apply an A0 preference, and 'applying' printer preferences to the adobe printer to save as a file has had no effect on the print preview page. Also, trying to use the adobe printer to print to file leaves me with a corrupt pdf which I can't open.
So, any thoughts on how I can export at a paper size different to standard A4?

Thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
please elaborate detailed steps and the bug you are talking about.
Reply | Threaded
|

oneloosecrank
What I'm requiring: An A0 PDF of the design in 1:1 scale.
The issue: 'Exporting to PDF' produces an A4 page with a portion of the 1:1 design on it and I can't find a way of making it A0. I have attempted to use print to Adobe Printer to obtain a PDF file, with the printer settings at A0 paper but this produces a corrupted file which I cannot open.
The bug?: initially I thought it was a bug as the export to pdf function produced an unworkable page, so other than the print to adobe printer not working (which may or may not be an issue with LibreCAD), there may be no bug.
Reply | Threaded
|

oneloosecrank
figured it out: Edit > current drawing preferences > paper size.
I now have a PDF exported at the right paper size and scale.
Reply | Threaded
|

ravas
In reply to this post by joeb
For jpg and png I prefer to just zoom to the size I want the figures to be
and press the "Prnt Scr" button on my keyboard.
Then I open Gimp and press Ctrl+V to paste.
Then I crop it the way I want, and export it the way I want.
If I set the compression to 0, then there is no loss in quality.

Just an idea...