Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

print scale not possible to set from edit

pavel
It is impossible to set the print scale to a value not preset in the drop down list. Entering the scale from the edit part of the combo box does nothing, so it is impossible to set scale to 1:87, for example.

I don't want to submit the diff file or whatever, since the fix is quite simple. Add the following line into the file:
librecad/src/ui/forms/qg_printpreviewoptions.ui

<signal>editTextChanged(QString)</signal>

just after this line:

<signal>currentIndexChanged(QString)</signal>
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: print scale not possible to set from edit

dxli
Hi Pavel,

I tested that I can input 1:87. We have been using default InsertPolicy for this scale QComboBox.

To avoid potential "No Insert" policy, I set the insert policy to "At Top"

commit:    a80345c..6c6b5a9  master -> master
Reply | Threaded
|

pavel
Hi dxli,

interesting, so perhaps someting wrong with my build. Anyway, I would suggest to change the scale combo box behavior a bit. I think it would be nice if the "general factor":"general scale" of the current drawing prefereces is inserted to the list, and is set as the actual scale for each new print preview, as it can be expected that the user will most likely want to print the drawing at this particular scale. It is not a crucial issue, but perhaps would be nice. What do you think? Or am I missing something?

Thanks, Pavel
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
I'm on gentoo, the behaviour is exactly:

the "general factor":"general scale" of the current drawing prefereces is inserted to the list, and is set as the actual scale for each new print preview

I tested both Qt4/Qt5 builds, to exclude potential Qt5 compatibility issues.

pavel wrote
Hi dxli,

interesting, so perhaps someting wrong with my build. Anyway, I would suggest to change the scale combo box behavior a bit. I think it would be nice if the "general factor":"general scale" of the current drawing prefereces is inserted to the list, and is set as the actual scale for each new print preview, as it can be expected that the user will most likely want to print the drawing at this particular scale. It is not a crucial issue, but perhaps would be nice. What do you think? Or am I missing something?

Thanks, Pavel