Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

section

Lucio Pannitteri

I sometimes have a problem with the section function. There is no problem when I perform the section on a simple geometry, but if the section geometry is more complex with multiple edges, for example, it simply does not perform the section. In these cases, I use the "divide" function to divide the various points of the geometry. This way, but it does not always perform the section. In these cases, I use the 45-degree segment function and fill in the cut part. But evidently I am making some mistake, what should I do? I imagined that the problem occurs when a line is common to other geometric spaces, but if so, it should not work even when the cut represents the simple geometric figures I mentioned earlier. Could someone help me?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: section

dxli
Do you mean trim/divide?

In general, we do not handle splines well.

Lucio Pannitteri wrote
I sometimes have a problem with the section function. There is no problem when I perform the section on a simple geometry, but if the section geometry is more complex with multiple edges, for example, it simply does not perform the section. In these cases, I use the "divide" function to divide the various points of the geometry. This way, but it does not always perform the section. In these cases, I use the 45-degree segment function and fill in the cut part. But evidently I am making some mistake, what should I do? I imagined that the problem occurs when a line is common to other geometric spaces, but if so, it should not work even when the cut represents the simple geometric figures I mentioned earlier. Could someone help me?