classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
CS
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

unable to move objects

CS
Hi, I'm able to select items but I cannot modify (move) them als described in several manuals, that is moving the selected items by dragging with left clicked mouse. Nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for help!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: unable to move objects

claus82
Hi, follow the image instructions.
Just on point 6 remember:
X,Y numbers = absolute coordinates
@X,Y numbers = relative coordinats

...the problem is not the problem, the problem is your aptitude about the problem...
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
In reply to this post by CS
Hi,

when an entity is selected, you see the blue handles, e.g. at the end of a line.
Start left mouse button down on a handle, move the mouse and release the button.
Now you can move the handle to another position and release it with a left click again.

To move the whole selected entity, push left mouse button down somewhere on the brown dashed line, move the mouse and release the button. Move the entity to its new position and release it with a left click.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

Bluefastcar
I'm having the same problem.
If I draw a line then click on it (to select it) it turns into a dashed line. The instructions say next to click on the dashed line to drag the item, however I find that this is impossible to do. The second left click and hold does not 'pickup' the line. A click on the line deselects it.

I can see the blue handles, but it is impossible to pick them up either with the mouse.

v2.0.2 running on Windows XP
Reply | Threaded
|

Bluefastcar
Well I've found out what the problem is. You need to click on the tool button called 'Selection Pointer' and turn the mouse pointer back into a 'normal' mouse pointer shape ie a slightly left pointing pointer. Then you can select and drag the item.

What I was trying to do was move the item using the drawing pointer which allows you to slect items but not drag. A bit confusing to the new user, but I'm sure obvious to experienced types.

Another strange thing. I've just been back to my 'starter' drawing to try to replicate my problem, and I cannot. So maybe clicking on the 'Selection Pointer' button resets something.

So everything Ok, until my next problem........

Thanks to all, and I've sent a small donation.