Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

widgets & toolbars

Glenwf
I'm trying to learn more, so started playing around with the "Wigdits" menu - Dock Widgets and Toolbars

I can see how much you have created, but can't figure out how to make what go where and now I can't hardly use the program except for the top main menu.  How do I get it back to the beginning configuration of the widgits and toolbars so I can work and then experiment again, but be able to get back to normal so I can work again?  There isn't much about these in the manual that I can find.

A basic description of these would help out trying to learn them.  Also it seems some can be dragged around and some can't.  Also, the bottom menu gets stuff on them and I can't figure out what they are and how to get rid of them.  At least some of them.  Right now I'm confused and don't know what I know about which ones.

Any guidance appreciated on how to get familiar with this stuff.

BTW, I've been using LibreCAD for a couple years for many projects, but want to get better this winter when I have sme time.

Thanks.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: widgets & toolbars

ravas
Options->Application Preferences->Defaults->Clear Settings->Layout

I recommend reading the 2.1.0 introduction if you have not.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glenwf
Thanks.  Your suggestion "Options->Application Preferences->Defaults->Clear Settings->Layout" did help.  That wasn't in the reading material.

Reading the section 2.1.0 didn't tell me anything except how great widgets and toolbars are, not anything about them or how to organize them.

For instance, in the default setup which I have found, the left side toolbar (or widget??) must have an identity so I can recall it if I remove it.  How do I find out the identity of a widget or toolbar.  Clicking on those active and trying to see where they appear or disappear from is not effective or fun.  I still want to know what the toolbars (widgets?) look like so I can know how to deal with them and what they are called.

Thanks.
Reply | Threaded
|

ravas
On the left are the Categories and DefaultCustom toolbars.
But like I said in the introduction, I recommend creating custom toolbars and menus.
Reply | Threaded
|

taholmes160

Hi Ravas.

How do I create them?

Tim

On Tue, Nov 8, 2016, 11:46 AM ravas [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:
On the left are the Categories and DefaultCustom toolbars.
But like I said in the introduction, I recommend creating custom toolbars and menus.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
To start a new topic under LibreCAD-user, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from LibreCAD-user, click here.
NAML
--

Tim Holmes - W8TAH
Sent from my LG Stylo

Reply | Threaded
|

ravas