Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Am I being stupid?

RayM
Many years ago, I was a fairly competent TurboCad user. Indeed, I even managed to submit, to the local authority, plans for a new staircase created in TurboCad (which were approved). I therefore don't consider myself too stupid..... However, page forward twenty years, I just can't get started with LibreCad (or Freecad for that matter). The basic methodology has obviously changed. I'm missing something very basic. All the tutorials seem to assume you're beyond the 'draw a line' stage. I can create a new file, click on "two points" and draw a line .. great! ...but that's where it ends. It won't let me draw another line. What am I missing?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Am I being stupid?

aman
This post was updated on .
Welcome!

Check these:

https://www.heikell.fi/downloads/LibCAD_220rc1.pdf

https://wiki.librecad.org/index.php?title=LibreCAD_Manuals_Summary

EDIT:

And that

Line > 2 Points

is like many other tools in LibreCAD or any other CAD. Just click somewhere else in the drawing, and it draws a line, which startpoint is the endpoint of the previous line, and endpoint where you clicked. That continues, to cancel do a right click twice, in some cases three times

Reply | Threaded
|

fa201
I also suggest to view some video tutorials on Youtube for example.
Fabrice

French hobbyist interested in 2D design.
Reply | Threaded
|

RayM
In reply to this post by aman
Thank you. I've had a quick look through the LibreCAD for Real Dummies but I still come up against the brick wall. I'll read it in some more detail to see if I've missed something.

I tried the right double click and triple click ... makes no difference. I can draw one line, then the only way to draw another is to restart the program. Of course, I have to have a new file, so I can only have one line again. I've tried saving my single line file. If I restart LibreCAD, and load my single line file, it still won't let me add another.
Reply | Threaded
|

RayM
In reply to this post by fa201
I've looked at many YouTube videos. I've not been able to replicate what they show.
Reply | Threaded
|

aman
Again from 2 Point line.

You said you can draw a line, let's continue from there. Now click anywhere on the canvas, and you should see next segment of connected lines.

If you want to draw two separate lines, one right click after first line, position to new line start, left click, end second click.

Try this, ask more if it still is unclear.
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Maybe a screenshot of the whole LibreCAD window can bring light to your issue.

My assumption is, that you have some Restrict mode activated by accident.
See https://forum.librecad.org/Imovable-X-axis-td5717898.html#a5717900
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

RayM
That was it!!! Thank you. I had a restrict mode activated.

I'm actually surprised that the program loads in that state. You would have thought it would start in a clean state with no features selected.

Anyway ... that's brilliant. Problem solved. Thanks for your help.