Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Block loading problems

martinbe
Hi, I've started using Librecad recently, I'm getting used to it, however when I try to import a specific .dwg drawing with multiple layers and xrefs (blocks) none of the block are showing up in the drawing. They are all listed in the block list but I can't see them or select them on the drawing itself, any ideas? Here is the file: Lift_003.dwg 
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Block loading problems

grherr
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
In reply to this post by martinbe
If your blocks really are xrefs, it will not work. xref means "external reference", a link to another file. So this file has to be present too, it's not incorporated in the first file. I am not sure, but I think LibreCad does not support this procedure at all.
I have tested your file in Draftsight, a more advanced 2d-Cadsystem, this shows the missing external references as text insertions for instance like "Xref C:\Program Files\AutoCad R14\CDC\pcontrol.dwg".
Also be aware that dwg import in LC is experimental, no guarantee to work.  
Reply | Threaded
|

martinbe
Yeah they're all xrefs, that's how I used to work in autoCAD. I tried other files and they all do the same thing, I've set the 'part libraries' path to where the files are but still nothing. So I would have to re-do all my drawings? I've tried re-importing one of the file, I can insert it to a specific point easily enough, the problem is with the scaling, is there a way to scale from 1 point to another while having a point fixed like an anchor? To kind of 'stretch' my part to where it used to be? Thanks for the quick answers by the way, great community. :)
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Unfortunately the "scale" command doesn't provide point to point definition, you have to calculate a factor by your own. If you have somewhat round values it doable.
The "stretch" command only works in one direction, so you would have to do it for x and y direction separately and use a help construction, too complicated.
Edit: not usable anyway, as it only moves defined points and doesn't scale proportionally. Me stupid.