Changing object order (Draw order, Modify order)

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Changing object order (Draw order, Modify order)

Lambertus

selecting lines and hatch, and then choosing Tools>Modify>Order>Move to top does not move the lines and hatch to the top of all other objects in all other layers.

How do I move an object and a hatch to the top (or bottom) of all other objects in all other layers?

Using
Version: 2.1.2
Compiler: GNU GCC 6.2.0
Compiled on: Sep 17 2016
Qt Version: 5.9.5
Boost Version: 1.62.0
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Changing object order (Draw order, Modify order)

dellus
I'm not sure I have got your question right.
After selecting, close the selection with Enter, then execute Move to Top / Bottom. The funny thing is the objects stay selected and highlighted and it looks as if nothing has happened. You have to do an Escape or click on the object again to deselect and everything is fine.
Or do you aim at "to the top of all other objects in all other layers"? I have no problems with that so don't know.

Reply | Threaded
|

Lambertus
You got the question right.
Thank you very much.

I was not "closing" the selection with "Enter".
Doing so now, worked for re-ordering some objects.
Others still did not change their order.
I find that closing the program and going back in sometimes makes the first use of the order change tool work, and then the order change tool stops working.

When using your instructions, the same thing happened. One set of objects on the same layer could be re-ordered to the top of everything else. Doing the same actions on another set on a different layer failed to change their order. After closing and opening the program those objects could then be moved and another set moved after that.

As an aside, it seems odd to have to use enter after selecting the objects when that does not have to be done for any other tool, like move, copy, rotate, or mirror.

-----Original Message-----
To: Lambertus <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: Changing object order (Draw order, Modify order)
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 16:21:21 -0700 (MST)

I'm not sure I have got your question right.
After selecting, close the selection with Enter, then execute Move to Top / Bottom. The funny thing is the objects stay selected and highlighted and it looks as if nothing has happened. You have to do an Escape or click on the object again to deselect and everything is fine.
Or do you aim at "to the top of all other objects in all other layers". I have no problems with that so don't know.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/Changing-object-order-Draw-order-Modify-order-tp5717000p5717002.html
To unsubscribe from Changing object order (Draw order, Modify order), click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

Lambertus
Discovered that you have to hit enter after selecting the re-order command.

Steps are:
1. select the entities you want to re-order
2. select the command "Tools>Modify>Order>Move to bottom (or other order command)" from the menu
3. press Enter
4. de-select the entities to view them in new their new order (click select arrow from menu, or hit escape twice, or something else to de-select).

Reply | Threaded
|

Arno
Your information helped me well to re-order Fills.

Now I use this I see that only steps 2, 3 and 4 do the job. It is not necessary to select the entity before selecting "Tools>Modify....".
Reply | Threaded
|

Lambertus

Glad that the information has helped you. Perhaps Step 1. is not needed since, in most cases, those objects are already selected because a fill had just been added.

-----Original Message-----
To: Lambertus <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: Changing object order (Draw order, Modify order)
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2020 07:01:10 -0700 (MST)

Your information helped me well to re-order Fills.

Now I use this I see that only steps 2, 3 and 4 do the job. It is not necessary to select the entity before selecting "Tools>Modify....".

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
https://forum.librecad.org/Changing-object-order-Draw-order-Modify-order-tp5717000p5719711.html
To unsubscribe from Changing object order (Draw order, Modify order), click here.
NAML