I am adding 2 additional dimensions to an existing drawing and can not get the dimension text to match the text on the existing dimensions - it needs to be bolder.
(The original drawing was done in the previous version, but I have upgraded to the latest version).
The lines and arrows match the pre-existing dimensions, only the numbers are faded.
I have both the latest printed manual (I believe), and have also checked the newer manual online. (That process is a little time-consuming, as it is two different approaches to documentation). I haven't been able to fix this with either one.
This probably has nothing to do with the new version but with different settings when adding the additional dimensions. If the text is too faint the dimension is probably drawn with general line width 0.00mm. The line width of the lines and arrows can be set differently in Options - Current Drawing Preferences - Dimensions. So check this. You also can provide a sample file here, you can delete everything except one of the old dimensions and a new one.
The lines and arrows are good - the same as those previously included on the drawing.
The problem is only with the numbers for the dimension. The new ones are much lighter than those originally (and still) on the drawing.
Thanks. Your response was the answer. I did not have a setting for the layer, so I worked with the pen width. The drawing has 8 dimensions - only the 3 new ones I added were the problem. However, I'll have to work with that more.
It feels like there is some memory problem with what I am doing. I tried to change each of the 3 dimensions - one at a time. At some point it suddenly changed all 8 dimensions back to a smaller dimension at once! I was previewing the results as I went along, so I had to reopen the file with each change. And I was unable to use your procedure to change an original, dimension back to being correct. I was never working with the 5 original dimensions which were all changed at once. There never was a Layer setting. It just seemed like a memory problem after a few original changes.
I'll start fresh and try to do the changes 1 at a time.
Good Morning. I tried it again with a new start all around. I got the three dimensions changed successfully. I did just one dimension first, saved and printed and closed. That worked fine by your instructions. Next I did the 2nd and 3rd dimensions together, saved that and printed then closed. That worked fine. No problems this morning.
I do still think there is a weak spot someplace here when a user is trying to make this work. Trial and error with multiple changes - even though the drawing is closed either by the user or a completed Preview and Print seemed to eventually cause more problems (eg: changing all dimensions in the drawing).