classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Drawing changed to Image

meander
Hello,

In some drawings I made (in earlier days) with (different versions of) LibreCad, I try to make chages, but without succes.
I tried with version 2.1.2, GNU GCC 6.2.0 and SCM revisie: 2.0.9,Compiler: GNU GCC 5.3.1,Qt Version: 5.5.1
Problem:
-  The 'Select Entity' is grayed out, the  other icons of 'Select' are not and are usable.
-  When selected with the 'Modify/Properties' tool  every item in te drawing reports as IMAGE.  No 'MText' or 'Line' window but a 'Image' window is shown instead.
-  In this Image-window, the 'path' refers to a not (or no longer) existing xxx.jpg file.
-  No 'Modify/Explode' was used.

What happens? Is it possible -an how- to restore the original drawing, so I can make chages again?
Thanks for the help.
Meander
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Drawing changed to Image

dellus
Try to delete that image. Or switch off the layer it is on. Is it always the same image file indicated with Properties? Maybe also if you click into an no entity area, into nothing? What happens with Select All?
Are there any real cad entities at all, or is there only an image?
For a single file I could think of it to be corrupted, but for a whole batch?
Reply | Threaded
|

meander

Hallo dellus,

Thanks for your time and answer.

I'll try to clear your points one by one underneath.

Op 4/05/19 om 21:29 schreef dellus [via LibreCAD]:
Try to delete that image.
> Deleting the whole drawing is no problem, with Select All/Delete.
Or switch off the layer it is on.
> Switching off the layer "0" where the drawing is, makes it invisible.
Is it always the same image file indicated with Properties?

No, the *.jpg file name is different for other drawings.  'Select/Window (Remark: you have to select first!! normally you have not...) , 'Properties/path'  shows a different xxx.JPG file for a different drawing. (I think I imported it, in a now no longer used layer, and the *.jpg_s are DELETED, long ago.

Maybe also if you click into an no entity area, into nothing?

>  The 'Image' window is shown.  And all data is the same as for a first selected entity.  Obviously, the data in the image window has noting to do with the selected item, but with "something" behind it?  Up to now I never noticed (sorry) it was always the same 'Image window', with always the same data in it that was shown... .

What happens with Select All?

>  Every thing is selected, as normal.

Are there any real cad entities at all, or is there only an image?

> One can use different icons from the 'Modify' window (move,  mirror, etc) after selection with e.g. 'Select Window'( 'Select Entity' doesn't work). And  if I add a text or line to a 'corrupted' drawing, it stays as it should be.

For a single file I could think of it to be corrupted, but for a whole batch?
>  The 4 'corrupted'(?) drawings belong to a set of 18, together schematics of an electric installation.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/Drawing-changed-to-Image-tp5717326p5717327.html
To unsubscribe from Drawing changed to Image, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
The only thing I can think of is that there is a large image covering everything. But it doesn't show because the original referenced jpg isn't there anymore. When you click on a line entity, you select the image instead.
In a freshly opened file click into a nothing area. If the image containing nothing is selected by that it should or could be indicated with a dot-lined frame. I'm not sure, an image with an existing reference file is shown with such a frame, useful if you have an image with a transparent background. For the case that empty image and it's frame is larger than the screen or the extent of the other drawing objects, do an Auto Zoom. Maybe you see it then. Anyway, do a delete then. If it's gone then, you should be able then to select entities with single click for "Properties".
If this doesn't help, I don't know. You could provide such a file here with "More - Upload a file" for examination, if you like.
Reply | Threaded
|

meander
Hey, dellus,

Nothing to see in a 'nothing area'...

Up to now i did every test in Ubuntu 18.4
 with LibreCad Version: 2.1.2, Compiler: GNU GCC 6.2.0
Compiled on: Sep 17 2016 Qt Version: 5.9.5

I openend the file(s) (to see the difference) in  an old machine with Ubuntu 12.4.5.
 LibreCad 1.01, SMC Rev 1.0.0, Compiles 21/02/2012
Every entity is selectable as it should be, but  Atributes cann't be reached.

I'll try to send a file.Blz_14.dxf
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
I took a different jpg of similar size, renamed it to 103.jpg and placed it into the same folder as the Blz_14.dxf file. Upon opening it in LC the image showed up. I selected it, was possible and showed that dot-lined frame, and deleted it. There was an other one beneath it, I deleted that two. So it had been inserted two times. After that entities could be selected by single click.

Blz_14_cleaned.dxf
Reply | Threaded
|

meander
Good evening dellus.

Unbelievable, it works!

I thank you so much for all your work.

meander

Op 6/05/19 om 19:50 schreef dellus [via LibreCAD]:
> I took a different jpg of similar size, renamed it to 103.jpg and
> placed it into the same folder as the Blz_14.dxf file. Upon opening it
> in LC the image showed up. I selected it, was possible and showed that
> dot-lined frame, and deleted it. There was an other one beneath it, I
> deleted that two. So it had been inserted two times. After that
> entities could be selected by single click.
>
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Good job @dellus.

Draft mode would have worked too, without restoring images.
In draft mode the images are represented as simple rectangles and they can be selected, by clicking the border, to delete or move them.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Oh, stupid me. Why didn't you tell that earlier? I thought I was a genius.
Shattered to ground.
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Such was not my intention.
This is only the solution for less genius users who are not capable to extract an image path out of a DXF file
Don't see it as punishment, but as a good training.
So chin up and right on!
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Was just fun.
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Of course, me too