classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Freezes shortly after open on one particular file

DXXXF
Hi all,

I've got a file (dxf, created in LibreCAD) which when I open makes LibreCAD freeze.

I need to force quit following this. Syslog shows processor getting hot when the freeze happens, so something's going on, but I have no idea what.

The application opens and works fine otherwise, and other DXFs seem to open ok. I've tried re-installing (via apt - I'm on linux). I've tried on my usual install (MATE) and my old install (Xubuntu) and have similar results.

I've tried reinstalling from source, but I'm not too clued up with all that, and haven't got a from source install working...yet.

Any ideas? If someone could point me in the direction of any log files LibreCAD might make this might be useful? Or potentially someone has had a similar issue?

If it makes any difference the file has several layers, a few blocks (imported from LibreCAD-created-dxfs) and although the freeze seems to happen eventually no matter what I do, it always happens when I zoom in.

Cheers!

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Freezes shortly after open on one particular file

DXXXF
Hi again,

Not found a true 'solution' to the issue I was having, but did try something which worked.

The 'block' I'd imported was a saved 'drawing' dxf, not an export-active-block dxf.

I followed the same steps I followed before, only importing a 'properly exported' block version of the thing that was giving me problems rather than the drawing itself, and everything worked fine.

I'm not sure what difference there is between an exported block dxf and a saved drawing dxf - though the former did seem to be a couple of kb smaller than the latter. And I've not been able to re-create the problem dxf by importing the saved drawing dxf. So as I said, I've not found a solution - I still have no idea why that file causes problems - but I am working again, so all's good.

Cheers!  
Reply | Threaded
|

DXXXF
For completeness - I've just compiled the new 2.2.0-rc2 - the file opens fine with this version. I was previously working with 2.1.2.

Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Great to hear that.
Many thanks for your feedback!
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution