Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Get good results with splines?

l'AMI Yves
As I told in my introduction, my usage of LibreCAD today is for making model boats. When I copy a plan into a dxf, I need to reproduce curve lines. I have not found other tool than splines to do that, but I find it very difficult to obtain faithful copies : the spline does not passes through the points I pick up on the plan image.

Is there a mean to obtain a better results ?

And, to go a little further, is there a mean to edit the inner points of a spline ?

Thanks for advices.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Get good results with splines?

l'AMI Yves
Hey ! What happens ! I can move each point of my spline, graphically, and nobody tells it to me !

Is it because I use a special edition from Rallaz (compiled 2013, jan 07) that it works ?

With no command in use ("Command:" in command line) I select the spline, by clicking on it : it appears dash-dotted, with its points visible. (Sometimes ?) I can catch a point, push it, and fix it in its new position by leaving left button, then click again.

Does everybody knows that, or am I a great discoverer ?

Anyway, I answer my last question : yes, there is a mean to edit inner points of a spline.

Thank you (me ?).
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Get good results with splines?

Rallaz
You are using "action default" it vorks with lines, dimmensions, etc. but I've never tried it with splines.

In fact I never use splines.

The version you use is simply with the last code, well not, I made another compilation with the last patch supporting images with accented names like "côtè"
can be found in this thread:
http://forum.librecad.org/Import-image-then-save-td5707502.html