Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Grid

oldschoolcowboy
Grid shows minor and major lets say I am zoomed in so it says 10/100. I have my preferred unit of measure set to inches.

I find nothing in the software that says what the 10/100 means in the way of actual units. So far I have been unable to find anything in the documentation about this.

Does the grid show my unit of measure? In my example above 10/100 is this 10 inches / 100 inches?

If that is not what the grid is representing then how exactly are we able to draw at full scale and have it at the correct size?

I am not concerned with scaling to fit a drawing.

I am focused on full scale models.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Grid

oldschoolcowboy
Another way to ask this question: with my preferred units at 1 inch, starting a line at 0,0 and ending at 10,0 is that a 10 inch line sense I have my units at inches?
Or is all this just to have the proper scale for a print out on a paper?

This also obviously would be connected to the dimensions that show up in the print on paper.

Something seems way off but I can't figure out what it is.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Grid

Land Owner
You set the Units:

Options ==> Current Drawing Preferences ==> UNITS (INCH for this example)

Then set the GRID

X and Y Spacing are the "Grid marks" when you want them shown.  The larger the number, the fewer and further between Grid marks.

At 10=X and 10=Y, there are 10" between every adjacent pair.

At 1=X, 10=Y there will be 10 x 1" Grid marks in the X direction for every 1 x 10" Grid mark in the Y even though, zoomed out, there are lines of intersection only at every 10".  Zoom in to see the smaller "X" marks.