Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
17 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Help Files and User Manuel

Director22
I have been looking for just such a program, and am glad to have found such a sophisticated piece of software such as LibreCAD; only problem is, after installation, I find the help files and User Files not working. I have found the DOC files, but they are not loading- everything seems to be present, that I have seen mentioned here in the Forum. RC1 version being run on HP Pavilion, with Windows Vista Home Premium, 32/64 bit. Sorry I can not say at the moment 'where' the downloader originated, it reads ][LibreCAD-Installer_1.0.0rc1.exe] if that is any help. Again, everything seems to be in order, but Neither the menu path, nor right-click on item will bring forth the information - although the window opens to the help files, in both instances. It is just 'blank'. I am not a Wiz-Bang programmer, and could follow some simple directions, but anything too deep will loose me in the binary woods... 'Help', please; or just tell me where to download a compiled help pdf, read the info on line? Thanks.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Help Files and User Manuel

R. van Twisk
Administrator
Hey,

we properly know why  some users don't see the helpfile, and we will be releasing a RC2 of LibreCAD pretty soon that should fix it.
Please stay tuned!

Ries
On Aug 5, 2011, at 6:23 PM, Director22 [via LibreCAD] wrote:

I have been looking for just such a program, and am glad to have found such a sophisticated piece of software such as LibreCAD; only problem is, after installation, I find the help files and User Files not working. I have found the DOC files, but they are not loading- everything seems to be present, that I have seen mentioned here in the Forum. RC1 version being run on HP Pavilion, with Windows Vista Home Premium, 32/64 bit. Sorry I can not say at the moment 'where' the downloader originated, it reads ][LibreCAD-Installer_1.0.0rc1.exe] if that is any help. Again, everything seems to be in order, but Neither the menu path, nor right-click on item will bring forth the information - although the window opens to the help files, in both instances. It is just 'blank'. I am not a Wiz-Bang programmer, and could follow some simple directions, but anything too deep will loose me in the binary woods... 'Help', please; or just tell me where to download a compiled help pdf, read the info on line? Thanks.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/Help-Files-and-User-Manuel-tp4671217p4671217.html
To start a new topic under LibreCAD, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from LibreCAD, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Director22
 Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I am looking forward to the new version release. I studied Arch/Mech drafting for four years, but that was [*&#$] years ago, before the advent of CAD. Returning to Graphics and design after so many years absence I am having to play catch-up,... Laughably, most all of it is alien to me, but i am trudging along. I really needed the help files to describe what it is I am looking at, and get some idea of the basic use and function of the tools. I can see that some are familiar, from having studied programs using 'layers', but it will be good to fully understand their use, here. Not to be 'too' pushy, I understand it is a lot of work, but do you have any idea when the next release is tentatively scheduled for? Thank you, again.
Reply | Threaded
|

R. van Twisk
Administrator
Within two weeks for sure I will release RC2, and hopefully within 1 week.

Ries

On Aug 5, 2011, at 8:25 PM, Director22 [via LibreCAD] wrote:

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I am looking forward to the new version release. I studied Arch/Mech drafting for four years, but that was [*&#$] years ago, before the advent of CAD. Returning to Graphics and design after so many years absence I am having to play catch-up,... Laughably, most all of it is alien to me, but i am trudging along. I really needed the help files to describe what it is I am looking at, and get some idea of the basic use and function of the tools. I can see that some are familiar, from having studied programs using 'layers', but it will be good to fully understand their use, here. Not to be 'too' pushy, I understand it is a lot of work, but do you have any idea when the next release is tentatively scheduled for? Thank you, again.

http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/Help-Files-and-User-Manuel-tp4671217p4671433.html

Reply | Threaded
|

bevo
Hello,
I used qcad but like to move to librecad. I installed from sid unstable without any probs. But the Help/Handbook is not available. In /usr/share/librecad/ no doc folder nor any docs are installed.

Any help is appreciated

bevo
Reply | Threaded
|

maqifrnswa
Are you sure you installed librecad-doc?

Sid has the helpfiles:

http://packages.debian.org/sid/all/librecad-doc/filelist

On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 11:42 AM, bevo [via LibreCAD]
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
> I used qcad but like to move to librecad. I installed from sid unstable
> without any probs. But the Help/Handbook is not available. In
> /usr/share/librecad/ no doc folder nor any docs are installed.
>
> Any help is appreciated
>
> bevo
>
> ________________________________
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
> below:
> http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/Help-Files-and-User-Manuel-tp4671217p4882987.html
> To start a new topic under LibreCAD-user, email
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from LibreCAD-user, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

bevo
Thank's for you fast reply!

No I haven't installed doc :-[  

I just installed librecad and not librecad-* !

So simple :-[

Thank you for your help

bevo
Reply | Threaded
|

chad
For some reason librecad-doc is no longer in the Sid repos. It use to be. I used it for awhile but now it is gone. Whenever it poofed from the repos it must have also uninstalled it from my computer since it is no longer installed. Anywhere else I can find this? Any idea why it is no longer in the repos?
Reply | Threaded
|

R. van Twisk
Administrator
Chad,

since Ribbonsoft clarified that there manual and cxf fonts where not GPLv2 some distributions including LibreCAD had to remove it from there repository.

LibreCAD does now include GPLv2+ lff fonts but we don't have the resources yet to create a new manual
Reply | Threaded
|

maqifrnswa
Adding to what Ries said,

We're working on new documentation and need users to help with it.

Someone has set up a wiki page:
http://zxq9.com/librecad/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
http://zxq9.com/librecad/wiki/index.php?title=LibreCAD_Wiki:Community_portal

Which, if successful, may turn into LibreCAD documentation.

LibreCAD is a fork of QCAD, and you can read the QCAD documentation here:
http://www.qcad.org/qcad/manual_reference/

If you look closely, you'll see that qcad-doc has been poofed from sid
as well for the same reason.
Reply | Threaded
|

Donald
I would like to compile some help and link it in to the menu.
I found some information here under comments- http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3349026&group_id=342582&atid=1433844
It says where the help menu looks for "LibreCADdoc.qhc".

I used qhelpgenerator to create some help and installed in one of the folders mentioned. The help displays ok in QT assistant and LibreCAD now shows a help tool window but doesn't show any of my help in it!

Can anyone tell me what LibreCAD expects in the .qhc file or give me any pointers?
Reply | Threaded
|

butti
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by bevo
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
|

gabriel
hello butti, is quite simple, on your left hand theres is the main menu, line, ar, circle etc... there is an icon (green) with a ruler click it and then in the submenu that appeares choose your type of meassuerement, endpt to endpt, entity to endpt, ang, rad. etc.
also as for the last sentence in your post, i m sure you didnt mean to sound rude to get attention, remember this is Libre and done with our suppport, just ask and you shall be anwered, please dont take this personal.
Soy Yo

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 7:18 AM, butti [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello I have also troubles to find any help/man/doc files for librecad. "Bugger, I couldn't find the helpfiles on the filesystem." I just need to know how to measure...i never could do it properly or easy in qcad and now I was hoping that this program has no measure issue anymore. I am using ubuntu 12.04 64bit. there is no librecad-doc file in the repository. "Unable to locate package librecad-doc". Also i have installed all librecad-* ...The file sql3- what is it? Is also not a part of linux repository. Where can i get it? All links above are dead or without any usefull information...
Can anybody explain me how to take measurement from the lines? It frustrating me massivly.  Or maybe there is some another better CAD-software for linux with normal measurement system?

http://forum.librecad.org/Help-Files-and-User-Manuel-tp4671217p5680350.html
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

butti
Hello Gabriel,
i just wanted to express my frustration. Thank you for you help. Already i found out how to draw measurement but i coudnt find to how to display the dimension of that what i have measured. That was also the problem in qcad for me. Can you help me there also? Thank you very much and sorry for my hardness. Don't take it personaly too. This is because i a m sitting the hole day and cant fin any info .... have just installed draftsight, anothere open source prog, and I see that they dont display any mesurements values too. So now i am commited that ii was wrong in my criticism because that is already 3 program without this ability ...so there must be a sense for that....
regards
b
Reply | Threaded
|

Rallaz
Hi butti,
First, draftsight is free software not open source like LibreCAD

About measurements, distances, length and dimensions.
A CAD program normally has "info tools" and "dimension tools"
Info tools are area and distance. With "dist" or "distance" you can
inquiry p.e. the length of a line from start point to end point.

Dimension tools are for draw "measurements" you can add in
your drawing a dim linear, dim radial and so on. But dimension
should be configured in relation to the rest of the drawing.

In LibreCAD use the "dimension" menu for draw at least one
then select menu "Edit->Current drawing preferences", go to
tab "Dimension" and configure "Text Height", "Arrow size" etc.
in the correct values ​​for the drawing being made.

these values ​​are different for scale 1/100 or 5/1
Reply | Threaded
|

gabriel
In reply to this post by butti
ok, youre wellcome, now, what youre trying to do is just measure a distance not adding a measure line with a dimention on it, if so the indications i gave you earlier should work (the green ruler w/two arrows) the distance is shown in the command line at the bottom, perhaps thats what you are missing, also in the drop down menu INFO you hab¿ve more choices; if its a dimention line and you cant see a dimenstion on it is perhaps your text heigth is very low, or the scale is to large and you have to zoom in to see it, try this, draw a line a regular (two pt) distancce  say 6.00m (im on metrics not sure how to in feet/inchs) and then and  a dimension line (two arrows w/an A on top) after clicking on both ends and placing the dim line, go to the drop down in EDIT click current drawing preferences and then on the dimension TAB, hope this help.

by the way draftsigth is a free comercial programme (no open source, and its meant for educational pourpuses not professional like where you charge money)  from dasault systems, the guys how develop  catia and solidworks.
Soy Yo

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 8:38 AM, butti [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Gabriel,
i just wanted to express my frustration. Thank you for you help. Already i found out how to draw measurement but i coudnt find to how to display the dimension of that what i have measured. That was also the problem in qcad for me. Can you help me there also? Thank you very much and sorry for my hardness. Don't take it personaly too. This is because i a m sitting the hole day and cant fin any info .... have just installed draftsight, anothere open source prog, and I see that they dont display any mesurements values too. So now i am commited that ii was wrong in my criticism because that is already 3 program without this ability ...so there must be a sense for that....
regards
b

http://forum.librecad.org/Help-Files-and-User-Manuel-tp4671217p5680555.html
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

butti
Thanks a lot you guyes, RAllaz and Gabriel...I think with your advice I will get it :-) I new, that it must be easy but just i couldnt find any information. Draftsight is commercial? OK- thanks for that info  too. Actually i have measured all the tech-drawing in blender because i had no time to look for solutions..but  for the next project i have done that with librecad. THANKS!