classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

I don't know where to start and I'm lost

ramalamadingdong
Hello!

Several decades ago I learned technical drawing in school. I learned to always start in first/third-angle-projection and based on that make an isometric drawing.

Nowadays with all that fancy computer stuff I decided to give CAD a try (for a small project). But I don't seem to be able to grasp the concepts of technical CA drawing by myself. For example I'm desperately trying to start with frontview, switch to sideview and so on and had the hope the computer will draw a 3D object out of the given views. Well, it seems it doesn't work that way. In the tutorials I've seen so far it is all started in isometric view.

That's to much for my old brain and I need the orthogonal multiview as I learned it (I guess). Maybe it's just this specific software and there are better solutions for me, maybe I need a more appropriated tutorial, maybe it's just a small hint that is needed to get over the hill.

I wrote this in hope you can lead an old geezer to the right tutorial/solution.
Thanks in advance and kind regards

Tom
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: I don't know where to start and I'm lost

claus82
Hello ramalamadingdong.
I suggest you to browse this section and you will find tutorials (I've written a couple), good luck!
Cheers
Cla
...the problem is not the problem, the problem is your aptitude about the problem...
Reply | Threaded
|

ramalamadingdong
I'm into it now. It may sound stupid but I didn't grasp the beautiful and minimalistic simplicity of (Libre)CAD and thought there would be alot more of (complicated) Computer Aid then it actually provides. That's not a negative aspect. I like it that way it is: Drawing every line as I would do it with pencil/ink on paper. It's wonderful and I wish we had that back then.

Thanks for your help Claus and kind regards

Tom
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
It still helps to propose ways to get the job done faster.

Please let us know if we could add or improve some features.

ramalamadingdong wrote
I'm into it now. It may sound stupid but I didn't grasp the beautiful and minimalistic simplicity of (Libre)CAD and thought there would be alot more of (complicated) Computer Aid then it actually provides. That's not a negative aspect. I like it that way it is: Drawing every line as I would do it with pencil/ink on paper. It's wonderful and I wish we had that back then.

Thanks for your help Claus and kind regards

Tom